Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While looking for something else, I ran across this discussion of Enfield No. 5s in .22LR:

http://www.rifleman.org.uk/Enfield_Rifle_No.5.html

Fabulous! Wouldn't I love to own one of those! The scoped one is particularly cool looking. All it needs to be perfect is a full pistol-grip stock, as I never cared at all for the curious Enfield "hook" pistol grip stock.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Way cool.

Never saw one, but it certainly is a reasonable thought since we did the same with the Springfield althouh earlier and in larger numbers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
kaka sky

Midway has the scope in stock for $63 so I'm gonna order it. I figure it'll be plenty good enough for shooting out here in the desert southwest-plenty of light ALL the time. "Everyone" says to use Weaver mounts, but of course they never actually say why. I'll go ahead and try the tip-off rings if they look good to go with the Ruger mount.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
That just looks like a whole lotta fun, Snake! Wonder how much a new run of these would price out? B et they could sell more than a few if it was half way reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for reviving this old thread. I'd completely forgotten about this.

Now I want one all over again! In fact, the only things I can think of I'd want MORE would be a .22 LR M14 or "tanker" Garand.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Further:

If I knew where I could get an Enfield .22 bolt, I'd build my own, even if I had to have a custom .22 barrel made for it, and use it as a single shot.

Hell, if I knew where I could get an Enfield .22 bolt, I'd buy TWO and similarly convert a No. 4. Perhaps with a scope on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts