Gun Hub Forums banner

Epa

340 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  stand watie 
#1 ·
I consider one of the most over reaching body of non-elected POS's we have in guberment ! Now they wish to garnish wages without court orders to collect fines.

According to The Washington Times, the agency announced the plan to enhance its purview last week in a notice in the Federal Register. The notice claimed that federal law allows the EPA to "garnish non-Federal wages to collect delinquent non-tax debts owed the United States without first obtaining a court order."

The amount of money the EPA has collected in fines has increased steadily since President Obama took office. In 2012, the agency took in $252 million in fines, up from just $96 million in 2009.

EPA claims it has the power to garnish wages without court approval | Fox News

#4 ·
Charlie Petty,

I truly WISH that you were correct BUT the EPA, under the current creep who infests our WH, is "going after" small farmers, including several owners of peach orchards in my home county for various HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE "violations of laws & regulations" that allege "possible violations" that in some cases date back DECADES.
(How would YOU prove that you did NOT do something "objectionable" like "use unsuitable chemicals" 5, 10, 20 or more years ago?)
Further, those who have complained to congressional offices about EPA bureaucrats "snooping" & "over-reaching their lawful authority" have found themselves "turned over to" the IRS for "especial scrutiny", too.

This current MIS-administration is filled with a bunch of RADICALS, CROOKS & HATERS.

yours, sw

#5 ·
20 years ago maybe Charlie but as SW mentioned alot resolves around water use.My main bone of contention is that it's a function of government that we the people have 0 input and can fire none within the organization.

But instead of enjoying the fruits of his labor, the Wyoming welder says he was harangued by the federal government, stuck in what he calls a petty power play by the Environmental Protection Agency. He claims the agency is now threatening him with civil and criminal penalties - including the threat of a $75,000-a-day fine.

Wyoming welder faces $75,000 a day in EPA fines for building pond on his property | Fox News

Then some in Kongress are putting up opposition but then they should never of created the beast

"EPA's overreach is already causing real harm for farmers and stalling business development across our country," said Congressman Collins. "When I visit with farmers in my district, the heavy burdens under the Clean Water Act come up each and every time. When the bureaucrats at the EPA decide to call a divot in the ground that fills with rain a 'navigable waterway' under the CWA, we know our federal government has run amuck. The fact that the EPA and USACE are now looking to formally broaden the definition of 'navigable waters' is an insult to hard working farmers all across this country."

Majority of House Backs Effort to Block EPA Overreach on Clean Water Act | Congressman Chris Collins

We have farmers in CA whose farms are dying because of a minnow and protecting the waters for the minnow and letting humans/farmers left out to dry.It's the new religion of today save the planet and screw humanity.

#9 ·
To All,

Just ONE of the things that makes me wonder if we wouldn't be better off altogether WITHOUT the EPA & its nosey, "know nothing", SELF-important bureaucrats are STUPID decisions like "designating" an irrigation ditch on northern Mississippi (that hasn't been used in 40-50 years, since that area was a cotton farm.) as a "traditional wetland that must be restored to its original state".
(Presumably, that "restoration" would be filling the ditch up with dirt and letting grass/weeds/brush/trees grow there again BUT of course filling up the ditch would be "a violation of EPA regulations".)

yours, sw

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.