Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outstanding missive by Max Hastings.
Europe is on the brink of probably the gravest and most frightening tumult of our lifetime
The country is no more fit to share a currency with Germany than I am to play tennis with Andy Murray. There is no more chance of Greece repaying its debts than of Boris Johnson giving up women.
and the best money quote I've read in years
Greece, like Italy, espouses a historic culture of corruption and tax-evasion that may enable those countries to muddle along in splendid isolation, but disqualifies them as partners in an economic union with northern Europe.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
They are spot on about the union not working. It is like two roomates. One goes to work and makes money for the rent, the other one sits around and spends the rent money the neighbor earned on weed. It will not end well.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL;

i just hope that we are SMART ENOUGH not to send them any more $$$$$$$ to pour down another rathole.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
This suddenly popped up on me when I asked for unread posties.

Interesting that the Fed Res Bank a private non-governmental corporation, sent ONE TRILLION DOLLARS to Europe backed up by the good will and integrity of the US taxpayer, at the BEGINNING of the Euro-crisis. We are not permitted to know how much the Fed has sent since the initial payment was discovered.

Geoff
Who believes in serendipity, me an Jimminy Cricket.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts