Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if every episode of Shooting Gallery is about following some uber shooter around? I have seen a number of them and that's what it seems.
Though, I have seriously considered that Liquid Lens stuff.

Anyone else see tonight's program? I guess when you play cowboy dress up rule 3 does not apply.
Bitterly disappointing.

I have a lot of hope for Shooting Gallery at least the guitar riffs are cool. I'd like to think that it won't turn into another American Shooter.

Hey Bane, when are we going to see the show with all the bad ass Navy SEAL looking guys, like in the intro.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Grumble grumble grumble...

I think we get back to machineguns in the dark this week (although, in truth, I keep forgetting the schedule).

There are (again, it's Monday!) six shows left in this season:
--Shooting in the Dark, or, my flashlight's bigger than your flashlight.
--The Great Stuntwomen Experiment, or, is it safe to give an MP-5 to a woman who doubled for Buffy?
--Winter Range (Run! Hide! More cowboys! ).
--ZERO TO HERO, episodes 1 & 2, where you're guaranteed to get your SEAL fix.

We're tinkering with the mix for next season's shows, which we just started filming. As I posted somewhere else, we're looking at at five competitions: the Steel Challenge, End of Trail, S&W Women's Championships, MGM Ironman and the NTI. There are a couple of other competitions that may serve as backdrops for other topics (IRC and sniper).

Hopefully, we'll have the new cowboy show up in a few months, and we'll move most of the yippie-ky-aye there. I'd like to do a little more military special ops training stuff, but with the teams rotating in and out of the country, it's hard.

As always, I'm open to suggestions!

Michael B

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
So anybody out there have some tapes?

for us poor unfortunates that don't get the Outdoor Channel?

BTW Bane, I just read ANR. Is the follow-up still on schedule for April of this year?

Ed

·
Registered
369 Posts
RE: Five To Go...

SIIIIIGGGGGHHHHHH, the ANR sequel has been, shall we say, overtaken by events.

In a moment of weakness last January I agreed to ghost a book 1) as a favor to a friend and 2) because there's never any money around first quarter of the year and 3) because I wasn't very busy then (SHOOTING GALLERY was still five months away). Well, that book has been the printed equivalent of the BATAAN DEATH MARCH! I just finished Draft 2, which took longer than writing the original manuscript--one of the great dangers in being a ghost is that the client uses the first draft as a mnenomic device to *really* decide what he or she thinks and wants to write...Every spare moment that didn't go to the show went to that book.

Secondly, FTG has gotten much bigger than ANR. I wanted to fill in a bunch of backstory (my girlfriend insisted) and try to focus on a more straightforward narrative style as opposed to my usual haphazard bouncing around between viewpoints and timelines.

I'm thinking about posting a chunk of FTG the .Mac public folder.

Michael B

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Five To Go...

Oh well, no rest for the weary! As far as a more straightforward narrative style I will admit it took me a while to settle into the "jumping around." A good read though and I am looking forward to FTG... whenever.

Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts