Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know anything about the EXTREME SHOCK AMMO that has been advertisied in most of the gun rags lately? No, I'm not looking for a magic bullet, just wondering why we havn't seen anyone do an article on testing this "Hi Tech" ammo.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Depleted uranium? Really?

I went back and read the ad and have some questions:

1. are there any words in there you never heard before?
2. How many .22 Shorts does it take to kill a 400 lb. hog instantly?
3. what are wounds channels?

get my drift?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Depleted uranium......hmmm..Isn't that what we will use in our Star Treck Phasers when Gaston's grandson invents it?

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Depleted Uranium

Actually it's what's making all the M1 tank crews sick.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I was making a lame attempt to be comedic. Depleted uranium is used in the M1's 120mm sabot penetrator. Also, I believe in the 30mm chaingun mounted on A-10's and AH-64's (Warthogs & Apaches). It has been theorized that the large amount of d.u. ordnance used in the Kuwait and Iraq theaters has caused some of the "mystery" illnesses among our troops. Nothing as of yet has been definitively proven.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Getting back on subject, Extreme Shock Ammo came into the market via a flurry of hype. There were full-page color ads in the national gun magazines touting the stuff as the new state of the art defensive ammo. No one had tested it or even seen it in person at the time. Just lots of advertising dollars building up the name. Some of the larger distributors took the bait (after some pressure from dealers) and began to carry the stuff. Tom Burczynski was the first person I know of to point out some inaccuracies in their advertising and products. First off, the samples he received (which were purchased through regular channels) did not look like the stuff they were advertising. He shot it into gel and was not impressed. You would be better off with any of the pre-fragmented types of ammo already on the market.

The Extreme Shock is pretty well named if you think about it. They spent enough money to extremely shock potential customers into thinking this was the new magic bullet. Only problem is all the advertising dollars in the world can’t make up for poor ammo.

Now if I can only convince Dean to stop filling his mags with the stuff :bolt:
:angel:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Maybe I was just trying to be too subtle. The fact that you do not see something written up is informative too.

I hope... after Dean is through blowing up your house for such blatant falsehoods... he might grace us with another of his critical thinking essays.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess EXTREME SHOCK ammo would cause a really big KB in Deans Glock(like Gaston says its the ammo).
Fernando, I assumed that was the situation....I was just curious, I already have my magic bullets.
I was wondering why no one had started a thread on this ammo in their quest for a magic bullet.

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
A little late to the subject, I'm afraid…

...but Charlie seems to have addressed the matter not only admirably but with a great deal more grace than I would have!

First, this ammo has been around for several years now, and I'm aware of what Tom discovered in re the shortfall between was was advertised, and what was delivered.

I made it a point to go in low and check out their hideously over-blown exhibit (it looks like they took a page out of my ol' chum Larry McGhee's PMC hypebook) at the last Vegas SHOT ('02) and was gladdened to see that there wasn't a throng of dealers clammoring for product or newbie gunwriters trying to scam some T&E samples.

There are certains "buzzwords" the critical thinking gun-savvy 'Net explorer should recognize at this point… I would like to think that the Members here are able to do that. (Otherwise WTF have CeePee and I been doing for the last almost ten years!?!)

If not, there's always that Forum associated with a certain high profile gunzine which seems to be the repository of the LCD of gun folk with a modem and absolutely no shame… or critical thinking skills. (No names, please!)

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I don't think Larry could hold a candle to this one. I'm reminded of the briefly famous Razor Ammo of some years back.

I went by the booth too with the perverse hope they would try to blow some smoke up my skirt... wouldn't you know... there was nobody there at all... no clamoring dealers, or pre-pubescent gunwriters...

The lights were on but nobody was home.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
CP--

I went by their booth also -- and while it was all glitzed up, there was nobody there except for attendee's!! But-- it was better than the black hole that constituted Triton's booth!! ;)

Mike

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
I don't want Mike to have a myocardial infarction…

…but he was right, albeit hyperbolic. It wasn't a "black" hole, just an empty booth, and at that point, upon information and belief, our host was long gone from the Triton scene.

It was over a year ago that a small dark cloud appeared over an area jus' South of Poughkeepsie (made notorious by the Gene Hackman character in William Friedkin's The French Connection), and shortly thereafter he left under it!

Fernando, did you or Schmit "ever pick your feet in Poughkeepsie?"

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
…but he was right, albeit hyperbolic. It wasn't a "black" hole, just an empty booth, and at that point, upon information and belief, our host was long gone from the Triton scene.
Why would I have a Heart Attack??? I was stating fact, not trying to insult Fernando (who was LONG GONE from Triton by S.H.O.T 2003). And actually, the term "black hole" was used when Fernando and I jokingly discussed after S.H.O.T what the Triton booth was!! (or was not as the case was!) ;)

When I first tried to find the booth, I walked past it a couple of times without realizing -- then upon returning, saw Tom B. trying to keep the floor management from taking away the boxes that were on the floor of the booth. I talked with Tom B. for a while while he was trying to get the boxes resealed and preped for shipping back to Long Island.

Mike

1 - 18 of 18 Posts