• SIG Sauer P229 (.357SIG)[/*:m:ho48zdig]
  • Glock 20 (10mm)[/*:m:ho48zdig]
  • Taurus M627 SS (6.5") (.357 Magnum)[/*:m:ho48zdig]
:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a few cosmetic mods on mine. Notice no blued steel (I nickel plated all the levers and other black parts). I am also getting some maple grips made to finish the look. :)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Mark123,

How do you like the .357SIG? I have a 229 in .40 S&W and I have thought about getting the .357 barrel from SIG. Do you like the .357 more than the .40? It is more expensive to shoot,which is why I got the .40. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Munch said:
How do you like the .357SIG?
In my opinion it is THE choice for defense.

Munch said:
I have a 229 in .40 S&W and I have thought about getting the .357 barrel from SIG.
You live in Columbus...if you are ever near the slightly north of Pittsburgh area drop me an email. We will get together and you can try my P229 in .357SIG. Heck, you can even try the barrel in your gun if you want. :)

Munch said:
Do you like the .357 more than the .40?
Yeah. Higher velocities, less chance of overpressure due to set back and that awesome thunder that comes out of my gun! ;)

Munch said:
It is more expensive to shoot,which is why I got the .40. Any feedback would be appreciated.
I reload for .357SIG and my prices are near 9mm prices. Price is not much of an issue with reloading.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks brother, I might take you up on that. I go to Clarion about once a year and rent a cabin, usually in the fall. How close to Clarion are you? Maybe we can get together and do some shooting.

The .357SIG has peaked my interest for quite a while. I might just break down and buy the barrel. I saw the ballistics on the .357SIG and they were pretty impressive.

I will keep you posted.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am about 1.5-2 hours closer to you than Clarion. :)

Make sure you look around as there are sometimes some good deals on the barrels. I would ask at sigforum.com for good prices. :)

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
MARK ---

i HAVE TRITON QS 357 SIG 135GR (ONE CASE TO SELL) AT $298.75 + FREIGHT -- WHICH UPS FROM FAIRMONT WV TO WHERE YOU ARE IN PA SHOULD NOT BE MUCH --- A CASE OF 115GR TO TENNESSEE ONLY RAN UNDER $10. IF YOU HAVE INTEREST --- E-MAIL ME

MIKE

PS -- A CASE IS 500 ROUNDS (25 BOXES OF 20) AND IF YOU ARE UNFAMILIAR, THE QS STANDS FOR QUIK-SHOK

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mikegunner said:
MARK ---i HAVE TRITON QS 357 SIG 135GR (ONE CASE TO SELL) AT $298.75 + FREIGHT...
Thanks, but no. 58¢ per round (before shipping) is the reason I started reloading. I can make my own superior ammo for around 7¢ per round. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts