Gun Hub Forums banner

Father O'Malley(pg)

323 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  mikegunner 
#1 ·
Father O'Malley rose from his bed. It was a fine spring day in his new downtown Boston, Massachusetts, parish. He walked to the window of his bedroom to get a deep breath of the beautiful day outside.

He then noticed there was a jackass lying dead in the middle of his front lawn. He promptly called US Senator Kerry's office for assistance.

The conversation went like this: "Good morning. This is Senator Kerry. How might I help you?"

"And the best of the day to yerself. This is Father O'Malley at St. Brigid's. There's a jackass lying dead in me front lawn. Would ye be so kind as to send a couple o' yer lads to take care of the matter?"

Senator Kerry, considering himself to be quite a wit, replied with a smirk, "Well now father, it was always my impression that you people of the cloth took care of last rites!"

There was silence on the line for a long moment.

Father O'Malley then replied: "Aye, and true it is, but we are also obliged to first notify the next of kin."

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.