Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me of website or info concerning concealed weapon carry in federal bldgs, (ie: banks , post office ,ect? :roll:

·
Registered
75 Posts
:?: Here ya go!

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/

Somewhere on this site will be the federal government answers that you are looking for. :?

·
Registered
973 Posts
It's not just guns, I was stopped at a metal detector at a federal court house for having a folding knife with a 2 inch blade. I was "allowed" to take it back to my car.

·
Registered
455 Posts
While banks and credit unions may be federally insured, they are not federal property. The would be covered under whatever state and local laws might be in effect.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Rob's article over on The Gun Zone does an excellant job covering both Title 18 section 930 and CFR 39 re:firearms in federal facilities. The only federal facility it's an absolute no-no that I know of is a court house. While the Post Office would like you to believe it's a crime, it isn't. Read the law, read the CRF, especially the part which says, "... Nothing contained in these rules and regulations shall be construed to abrogate any other Federal laws or regulations of any State and local laws and regulations applicable to any area in which the property is situated."

As to national banks, mine is one and they welcome legal CCW. Carry at the PO, BTDT - just this morning, in fact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts