Well we're not building a border fence for a few reasons.WTF!!We cannot get our government to build us a GD fence on our southern border but by God we can pay for it in the Ukraine ? Up is Down,Left is Right it is all SCREWED UP FELLAS.
- NEITHER party is interested in it.
- The border fence is the Right's version of feel good legislation; and it's a really dumb idea.
- It' a horrible idea fiscally; maximum dollar output for minimum performance.
- It's 2 THOUSAND MILES OF FENCE; we can't afford it.
- Even with a fence, we still have to man it; we can't afford that either. A fence is a TOOL, not a solution; you still have to man it. There are 4 steps to security: Deter, Detect, Delay, Respond. The fence is minor deterrence, it will be gone over, under, or through. Then even if you put sensors to Detect, you have the fence which provides it's primary function which is, Delay. The last part is Respond, and we can't afford to put enough people across 2,000 miles of border to Respond.
- Places that have fences now are being breached (over, under, through) every day. It only keeps the dumb ones away, and not a whole lot of those.
But here's the biggest reason why the border fence is NOT the solution for the border. More than half of all illegals CAME TO AMERICA LEGALLY!!! Most are people whom came across the border legally and just didn't go back when their visa expired.
The way to secure the border is to just use the resources we have, and actually SECURE the border. We have the solution in place now, we're just not using it.
We're not lacking tools, we're lacking WILL.