Gunhub.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,

I just wanted to post about a fun show to watch with a guy! Its called American Chopper on the Discovery Channel on Monday nights. Its a reality show about a father and his two sons who own and run a custom built motorcycle shop in Orange County New York (about 1 1/2 hrs. north of NYC.) As a matter of fact, our shows to watch on Monday nights are all on the Discovery Channel, from 8-11 PM. This is our "Mommy,Daddy evening "out" without going out :D Monster House, Monster Garage, and American Chopper. My husband loves these shows, and believe it or not as a lady these shows are fun to watch! They make up for all the "chick" flicks!

The bikes that are designed and built on OCC are really beautiful, and its interesting to watch the steps that are put into the building process. They also film at some of the Motorcycle Shows such as Daytona, and Myrtle Beach. The guys on the show do grow on you, and they are all funny! Go and check out one episode and I'm sure you will be hooked!! Don't forget the popcorn!

·
Registered
259 Posts
It is a great show,

but IIRC, they are out of Orange County, CA, not NY. :)

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Actually they are right outside of Newburgh, NY in a suburb called Rock Tavern. A lot of people think they are out of CA, to the point where the dad on the show had a tattoo put on his arm of the OCC logo with New York in big letters under it (that episode was on last night).

Also on the show was the younger son taking the motorcycle safety course. The course is given at Stewart Airport by Now Jr.

Munenn and me took the same course from the same instructor a little over a year ago. The instructor was an excellent rider and equally excellent teacher. I learned a lot from that class. Too bad the son on the show failed it :)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Damn, learn something new everyday

that'll teach me to open my big mouth! :oops: :? :oops:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Don't know if it is still around or not, but there was an Orange County Choppers in California.

It was owned and run by the S.F.V. Charter of an "Outlaw" Motorcycle club. :wink:

This is a pic one of the bikes they build.The model is the "Sledgehammer". 8)

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Fernando Coelho said:
Actually they are right outside of Newburgh, NY in a suburb called Rock Tavern. A lot of people think they are out of CA, to the point where the dad on the show had a tattoo put on his arm of the OCC logo with New York in big letters under it (that episode was on last night).

Also on the show was the younger son taking the motorcycle safety course. The course is given at Stewart Airport by Now Jr.

Munenn and me took the same course from the same instructor a little over a year ago. The instructor was an excellent rider and equally excellent teacher. I learned a lot from that class. Too bad the son on the show failed it :)
What part of the Hudson Valley are you in? Pine Bush (Ulster Co. side) here.

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Before moving to NC I was living in LaGrange, right outside of Poughkeepsie, literally across the river from you. We probably traveled a lot of the same roads. Route 9W was fun on a bike. So was the Taconic Pkwy.

Pine Bush… any UFO sightings recently? Or was it Pine Plains with the UFO troubles? Geez, what two years does to the brain.

·
Registered
129 Posts
American choppers blows chunk. Paul Tutle is a big bag of hot air and Paul jr is a chopper decorater but they do make a funny show. The only cool guy is Mikey. Verry little of the real fabracating or making and designing of the parts is in house. They have some pretty bike. All made with catolg parts. that anyone can order.
Now Jesse James , Paul yaffe, Billy lane, the late Indian Larry and other's they are fabracators & builders.
Anyone with a check book, catolg & phone can build a occ chopper.
Watch the biker build off shows theses guy have tallent.
8)

G

·
0 Posts
I was thinking California or Florida, both of which have an Orange County. I watched them build the "Black Widow" awhile back and could not connect that much snow with either location. I didn't know where the shop was but I knew where it wasn't.

Paul Sr. really needs to find a more constructive outlet for stress. He spends way too much time abusing his employees.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Tuesday nights on the SPEED channel is AMERICAN THUNDER and Corbin's Ride On followed by Two Tuesday.
Bike lovers may like these shows.

Starts at 8pm eastern time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts