Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planing on applying for my FFL and was wondering if anyone here could give me some tips on getting threw the system with less hassle.

My plans are to start a home office business of repair of pistols and revolvers,rifles,and shotguns. I don't wish at this time to sell firearms...maybe later if things start to indicate it would work in with my business. I'm not looking to have a walk in business in my home,rather one were I would have firearms shipped to me or were I would pick them up from the local dealers that I know and have done business with or at shooting events were I would be soliciting my services. In other words no in and out traffic in my home office.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Having any firearms related business that has no open hours is a general problem and they also give local zoning laws a lot of weight.

Go to the ATF web site and you can find a list of requirements.

I would also talk to local shops because they have direct contact with local ATF folks and it might be helpful to have an informal chat with one. They are not always the enemy.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
perhaps learning to spell would be a start- through
If that remark is pointed at me, well you can stick that were you need to. It's always easy to make remarks when you are safe on the internet.

Ill keep the rest of my opinion to myself,no sense in adding more ammo to a tiny mind.:censored:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Having any firearms related business that has no open hours is a general problem and they also give local zoning laws a lot of weight.

Go to the ATF web site and you can find a list of requirements.

I would also talk to local shops because they have direct contact with local ATF folks and it might be helpful to have an informal chat with one. They are not always the enemy.
Thank you charlie I have a fellow shop owner near me that I can talk with.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
If that remark is pointed at me, well you can stick that were you need to. It's always easy to make remarks when you are safe on the internet.

Ill keep the rest of my opinion to myself,no sense in adding more ammo to a tiny mind.:censored:
and there are none so blind etc

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
twentypines,

It's the "management" of BATFE that is THE ENEMY of LIBERTY. - MOST of the field agents are OK.

yours, satx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on spending some time on the BATF site so I'm aware of all the rules,just the same. And as suggested I will make contact with one of the business owners that I know in the area to see if his agent is available.

I started this process quite a few years ago, but didn't follow through with it. I really should have done it then.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You Are Certainly Free to Take Offense...

...but you may also want to view the suggestion in the light that verifying the correctness of what you enter on application forms may avoid some hassles.

The so-called safety of the internet seems to be running as a two-way street here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
...but you may also want to view the suggestion in the light that verifying the correctness of what you enter on application forms may avoid some hassles.

The so-called safety of the internet seems to be running as a two-way street here.
Look at it this way. I came here for some advice about GUN related information,not to compete in a spelling bee or listen to some JO trying to give me advice on how to conduct myself. As far as safety on the internet....I don't need it. What I say to you here I would be most happy to tell you straight in your face...you got that sunny boy. People like you and whoever T-Star are seam to have a need for pissing people off from a distance. So get a set and try that shit with someone who you have to face.

I was hoping there was a place where people could communicate without this sort of baby bull crap, but here you are. IS THERE A MODERATOR ON THIS SITE!! You just lost a participating member.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Look at it this way. I came here for some advice about GUN related information,not to compete in a spelling bee or listen to some JO trying to give me advice on how to conduct myself. As far as safety on the internet....I don't need it. What I say to you here I would be most happy to tell you straight in your face...you got that sunny boy. People like you and whoever T-Star are seam to have a need for pissing people off from a distance. So get a set and try that shit with someone who you have to face.

I was hoping there was a place where people could communicate without this sort of baby bull crap, but here you are. IS THERE A MODERATOR ON THIS SITE!! You just lost a participating member.
My aren't we testy? It's not bad advice to check your spelling and grammar. Misuse ofter either makes you appear ignorant, sloppy or both. I hope you are gone from this forum. You seem to have a nasty temper and we can do without that.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My aren't we testy? It's not bad advice to check your spelling and grammar. Misuse ofter either makes you appear ignorant, sloppy or both. I hope you are gone from this forum. You seem to have a nasty temper and we can do without that.
Something here you and the other jokers are missing, first you don't know anything about me. I was here to ask a simple question about one thing FFL Application. If you think that remarks like how to spell or composition are in order here. They are not. Don't presume that I'm not intelligent enough to review my work and know how to compose my sentences. I didn't ask anyone for there advice on that subject so why make such a statement without knowing who you are talking to. It was bad judgement on there part, not mine. And unless you are of some authority here, I don't plan on leaving on your accord. There seams to be some much more helpful people here then you few. That is the last comment I have for you or the other two self appointed experts on grammar. I really didn't owe you or them that much. Get a life for your selves.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
he's REALLY full of holes, isn't he?Most folks would thank me for the correction and move on.However, you, sir, just SEEM ( NOTICE THE SPELLING) to be hell-bent on digging your hole deeper- as far as "growing a set " goes, perhaps you should be aware I graduated Annapolis( 1970) and was an O-5 before I left the navy- go back and see where we were involved back then
I'll give the fact that I don't know you , but I believe you should read a book by Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt called " Dumbing DOWN of AMERICA' and see if you're not a product of that inferior system

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol::roll:
he's REALLY full of holes, isn't he?Most folks would thank me for the correction and move on.However, you, sir, just SEEM ( NOTICE THE SPELLING) to be hell-bent on digging your hole deeper- as far as "growing a set " goes, perhaps you should be aware I graduated Annapolis( 1970) and was an O-5 before I left the navy- go back and see where we were involved back then
I'll give the fact that I don't know you , but I believe you should read a book by Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt called " Dumbing DOWN of AMERICA' and see if you're not a product of that inferior system

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
...to let the door have a chance at swatting him on the butt on the way out of here.

Promises, promises, promises.

ATF's FAQ about licensing can be found here.
My question was answered by Charlie Petty a while ago, way before you loud mouths started your rants.

By the way T-Star I'm not impressed by your so called carrier. I served with real men and not once did I hear them brag about there honorable service to this country. You like to read books...try Stolen Valor. It may enlighten you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Out of respect to everyone here why don't you guys PM me and we can deal with this between ourselves. Because this has gotten way off subject and doesn't belong on a public site. You want to dual fine but do it in another venue. So lets get it on...tough Guy's.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gentlemen.

Can. we. stop.
I agree Walt you show great common sense. And that is what I'm trying to do. Please understand that I came here with the best of intention. and plan on being a contributor as well as use this site for my interests in firearms.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Twentypines:

First, I am your friend. Shields down.

Second, in your first posts you were happy to find this forum. It is smaller and more sophisticated than most other forums. Most of the folks here are soft spoken, understated, and literate. We are far from perfect, but we aspire to a higher standard. I am a relative newcomer myself, and have met nothing but hospitality. That's not to say I'm never ribbed, kidded, or disagreed with...I am. But you will also find that the folks here respect a man who can accept criticism or disagreement with grace, or, better yet, humor.

Third, (and I say this as someone who has lived in New Jersey), you're not in Jersey any more, either geographically or on this site. The chest-thumping, you-talkin-to-me bravado that is so commonplace in the Garden State is out of place here. We left it behind in middle school. So should you. We are grown-ups.

(deep breath now...)

Fourth, although he may have lacked a little in the charm department, t-star was right, it's "through", not "threw". It's also "seem", not "seam", and "their", not "there" (in the possessive context). You see, in a world whose standards seem to be heading into the dumpster, we care about these things. They separate us from the...how to say this politely?...unwashed.

You are among friends here, but sometimes friends can be a little hard on you. It keeps you on your toes. Hang around a little longer, and you'll come to understand and appreciate the atmosphere. Again, welcome.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts