Gunhub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share a great story with you...

This rig is used by a German officer during WWII. He worked at a office in the town of Kristiansand, south in Norway.
When German surrender in 1945, he handed over this rig to some good Norwegian friends.
Privat property since, not used in police or millitary.
It is almost an all black Walther PP made in 1937 with nice black holster.
Serial is 967624 and with crown/N proofmarks.

Many German officers had to by their own rig, this is one of those.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,756 Posts
Gebirg you have the coolest collection. Do you shoot them or are they for display?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the funniest;-()

Gebirg you have the coolest collection. Do you shoot them or are they for display?
Thanks - oh yes i do:D
Fired some rounds few weeks ago, but now there is icecold, far away below zero and cold wind from the north - havent fired lately, just mountain skiing.

last pistols fired was my Mauser C96 and my mod. 1934 for Kriegsmarine...
Last year i used my M98k in several competitions with good results:)

·
Registered
8,495 Posts
Cool gun. I have a Walther PP I think was made about three and a half decades after yours. It looks the same, but I don't have the holster.
They're neat little guns!

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Gebirg,

You might be interested in knowing that some "German volunteers" in the Condor Legion during the Spanish Civil War were ISSUED Walter PP & PPK, that were "civilian purchase", before leaving Germany for Spain.
(Just as American advisors in the earliest days of RVN were issued BHP, so that they would NOT be identified as American officers.)
Other "volunteers" were issued "foreign handguns", when they arrived in Spain.
(IF that was my PP, I would research to see if the officer had Condor Legion service.)

NOTE: In 1970, I was told by a former "Legion volunteer" that he was issued a WWI vintage 1917 S&W revolver in .45ACP caliber, on the day after he arrived in Spain.
The former officer stated that MANY different sorts of handguns were issued or PURCHASED privately by Condor Legion personnel.

yours, sw

1 - 5 of 5 Posts