Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can devise a method of telephoneing fish, that's a sure meal.
Crushed china berry leaves and berries will bring fish to the surface if used in a confined area
So will black-walnut hulls
Pickleing lime in a jar with a few rocks...punch a small hole in the top, guarenteed to bring fish up
as will calcium carbide
trotlines baited with corn and set in the shallows will often produce loads of ducks...
most of these little tips are not politically correct or even legal, but desperate times mean desperate measures.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Apparently there are ways of attracting fish using special acoustic wavees. I have seen schematics of these, and they are small, simple and cheap to build. It could fairly easily fit into a BOG I reckon, and it would be very economical on batteries.

·
Registered
542 Posts
could you elaborate on the pickling of lime in jar method?

you mean stick a lime in a jar of vinigar with rocks??

·
Registered
326 Posts
Pickling lime is a powder sold in the canning section of grocery stores (where they sell mason jars and fruit pectin) - it's used to "crisp" the pickles.

flcracker

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i know the walnut hulls thing is a fish poison- it depletes the water of oxygen and drives the fish to the surface- suffocated- i should imagine the china berries do much the same thing

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I've found that the best way to get fish to congregate in an area is for me to be fishing in another. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
326 Posts
bigchoad - too bad you and I aren't in the same area - we could simply counteract each other and limit out. :lol:

Do you have the same talent I have for turkey and deer hunting, too? I do get my share of deer, but I usually see huge flocks of turkeys during deer season and herds of tame deer during turkey season :x

flcracker

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Lets just say I've scored more turkeys with my truck than I have with my shotgun :-?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts