Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There. That seemed to do it. (I confess I am a computer shmo)

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Now that was interesting. The gayageum seemed almost perfectly suited to the task. Makes me think of Jr. Brown's Guit-Steel.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yessir, Ed. That instrument has plenty of room there for bending and sliding notes. She was wearing headphones and there seemed to be a cord coming from the instrument on the side by her right hand...might have a little artificial reverb added, but that's about it. At least I couldn't hear anything else.

There are fans who decry ANYONE trying to do a Hendrix song. I ain't one of them. I am a HUGE fan of the late, great Stevie Ray Vaughan, and he did Hendrix justice...and then some.

I think this young lady is extremely talented.

If you Google Luna Lee (or search YouTube) they have more - her doing SRV's "Scuttle-Buttin'" and Hendrix/SRV's "Little Wing". (I think "Little Wing" is one of the most musically beautiful songs Hendrix or SRV ever did).

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
You Sir, have excellent taste! Clapton did Little Wing on LAOALS with DATD, or should I say he "overdid" it. SRV captured it beautifully.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think I love her

I know nothing of the instrument and not much about Hendrix but there is no misunderstanding of her talent.

I am a fan of acoustic finger style picking... bet she could do that too

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
I think I love her

I know nothing of the instrument and not much about Hendrix but there is no misunderstanding of her talent.

:thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
That is A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Definitely the coolest thing I've seen all week!

And you know what? I'll be nobody would enjoy and appreciate it more than Jimi himself. I hope they have broadband in Rock and Roll Heaven. ;)

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Actually if you were doing a TV show, set in Asia, that would be a killer piece to use as background music.

Dare I say it sounds like something Jan Hammer would have thought up for Miami Vice. (That is meant as a compliment.)

Love her rendition.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Dare I say it sounds like something Jan Hammer would have thought up for Miami Vice. (That is meant as a compliment.)
I thought some of the middle passages sounded a great deal like '60s James Bond music.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think I love her

Absolutely, Charlie. Bet she could do a Concerto or Bluegrass hoedown with equal aplomb.

I gotta admit just a tinge of jealousy along with my full blown admiration.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That is A-FREAKING-MAZING!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Definitely the coolest thing I've seen all week!

And you know what? I'll be nobody would enjoy and appreciate it more than Jimi himself. I hope they have broadband in Rock and Roll Heaven. ;)
I think you are absolutely right, Snake...and SRV is grinning along with him. :D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You Sir, have excellent taste! Clapton did Little Wing on LAOALS with DATD, or should I say he "overdid" it. SRV captured it beautifully.
Ed, I have all the respect in the world for Ol' Slowhands, but I don't think he ever put the pure emotion into a song the way Hendrix or SRV did...except maybe for "Tears in Heaven".

So here is a little something for you, in case you haven't had a chance to find it.

Luna Lee doing "Little Wing"

Stevie Ray Vaughan-Little Wing Gayageum ver.(by LUNA) - YouTube

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Gayaguem Style! :D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gayaguem Style! :D:D:D:D:D
Okay, that right there was funny...PSYch! :D

(Acutally I hate the portly little American Hating South Korean! Not that I have any strong opinions or anything.) :censored::censored::twisted:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts