Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't pick a rotted tree!😃 I'm pretty sure that wasn't a full power load in that X-Frame, not with that little bit of recoil.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
I did that with a .243 a long time ago.

I'm also not ashamed to say that when I shot CP's .500 for the first time I closed my eyes...

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
My rule was that I would keep shooting until I hit the gong; some of those guns I tried very hard to hit the gong with the 1st shot.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Two honest men.

Actually the 500 wasn't nearly as bad as the ultra lightweight .44 Mag. I had at the same time.

However neither of them became keepers

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Actually the 500 wasn't nearly as bad as the ultra lightweight .44 Mag. I had at the same time.
And it wasn't nearly as exciting as some of the stuff Tom has had me shoot at past Gunstocks.

"Kills on one end, maims on the other"... :)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Two honest men.

However neither of them became keepers
I have no problems with a steel N frame .44 Mag, but that Ultra Light Weight .44 Mag? You could maybe talk me into shooting the .500...maybe. But no way would I touch the the light weight .44.

"A man's got to know his limitations."

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I have a Lew Horton Model 29 with finger groove wooden grips and a three inch barrel. With full house 44 mag loads it's kind of like laying your hand on an anvil and hitting it with a sledge hammer. It has become a 44 Special. I don't have the same problem with a regular four inch 29 with factory grips.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts