Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
I'd like to see the floorplate with more detail. It'd also be nice to know if it's large ring or small ring. The straight bolt lever argues against a 1953/1957 production date-unless it was assembled out of a warehouse of left over parts.

The French were known to arm the constabularies of their colonies/possessions with some strange stuff. However, I have dim memories of US Marines running the constabularies of several Gulf of Mexico tropical paradises in the time between the wars. Possibly a sales sample or for T&E?

The receiver marking does cause a few neurons to twitch though.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Testing and evaluation. Requests for examples can produce some strange results. Possibly the MM is one such.

In 1992 we asked several manufacturers for semi-auto service pistols examples. Colt sent us a revolver with about a 20 lb DA pull and a note that it was a special example and production guns wouldn't have as nice a trigger. And people wonder why Colt goes bankrupt so often.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Testing and evaluation. Requests for examples can produce some strange results. Possibly the MM is one such.

In 1992 we asked several manufacturers for semi-auto service pistols examples. Colt sent us a revolver with about a 20 lb DA pull and a note that it was a special example and production guns wouldn't have as nice a trigger. And people wonder why Colt goes bankrupt so often.
Oh .... I always thought it was because they usually overpriced their guns ....:duh:

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
And had non-existent QC, a belief that people would always buy/pay a premium for anything with the prancing pony on it .....and the list goes on. I believe we've had threads on that before.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts