Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to post an attaboy for Fred. I just got 2 beautiful GI stocks from Fred - TEN DAYS after I ordered them!

The boys in the brown truck pulled up yesterday with this long box and I couldn't figure it out.

Then I opened the box and out came two immaculate, as new, spotless fiberglass stocks. Man, I can't wait to start painting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,984 Posts
I guess, for some reason, that you are part of the extremely random, highly exclusive, "Fred likes me" club. Consider youself very, very lucky.
And DONT lose your membership card. Post pics when done please.

-Ted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Exclusive club?

I reckon so. The last time I ordered from him it took about six months to get my stocks. That's why I posted.

Ten days from Fred :eek:

What's up with that?

I'd rather be lucky than good...anytime!

I'll post pics when they're done if I don't think you guys will get too big a kick out of them. I'm a novice at this. I've done a pretty one in matte black. It looks good on my M1A, although it's attached to a piece of steel that may blow up in my face the next time I pull the trigger :wink: .
 
G

·
Yeppers, don't lose that membership card like I even wonder how you got in too start :eek:

There is only supposed too be like a 1/2 dozen or so that get shipped too promptly according to those multitudes that have too wait :D

Geez, just the other day I read a post here about stocks for the DMR guys in Iraq and thought what the heck, I would give ole Jack a call.

You know guy stuff and all, just chit chat...Things lilke the cousins Jason and Jeremy, the new club and how it was going, the deal with someone who had been waiting forever had even called a place another order for a single stock and said thanks and even who owed who email. Imagine that if you will :eek:

So anyhow I mentioned the post about the guys needing USGI M14 FG stocks and what he thought about donating a dozen stocks and sending them here so I could paint them and I would forward them on...He was all for it and thought it a heck of a way too show support for the troops.

So I just gotta tell ya that for a guy that lives so far off plumb, so far out in the country that wild beasts roam, so slow too ship that some plant trees to grow rather than make a phone call for a stock and I forget what else I have read :eek:

For him too say without a second thought I will get you a dozen out next week and not beaters but nice ones. Jack thought it would be a good deal, joint effort too help the guys in the sand box.

Karsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,716 Posts
Thanks Fred!

And thanks Karsten too!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Karsten said:
You know guy stuff and all, just chit chat...Things lilke the cousins Jason and Jeremy, the new club and how it was going,..
Hmmm, I guess I should be flattered? lol

I'm sure he was very truthful about everything as well.

Did he mention getting the police escort out of the RGC meeting??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
hmm, Well I'm sure "Fred" (Jack) can afford to do that since he has literally thousands of M14 stocks. Shipping isn't that big a deal either what maybe $50 bucks, prolly less.

Shipping them to you to paint and then you ship them to the sand box, Hey thats Great, I've never had a problem with "Fred's" patriotism. My problem along with all the other RGC members is that "Fred" acted like a child and kicked the club off the property because he got voted out. Its that simple.

Sure me an Jeremy are cousins, We've been shooting at RGC for 10 years ( well until Jack kicked the Club off the property because he got booted outta the Presidential seat on the board of directors).

Are we backing each other up on posts here, sure. We're both sick of "Fred's" version of the truth.

It's a moot point anyways, its all gonna be settled in a court room very soon.

If you have a personal problem with us, Fine! I could careless.

Jason

PS. if you don't Know I am a Member of Riverside Gun Club.

J
 
G

·
Jeremy said:
Karsten said:
You know guy stuff and all, just chit chat...Things lilke the cousins Jason and Jeremy, the new club and how it was going,..
Hmmm, I guess I should be flattered? lol

I'm sure he was very truthful about everything as well.

Did he mention getting the police escort out of the RGC meeting??
Heck yes he was truthful.....We chat just like you do here with your side as you see it.

The internet is such a great place too go bashing anyone who you feel did you wrong or doesn't do as you expect.

Karsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Karsten said:
Jeremy said:
Karsten said:
You know guy stuff and all, just chit chat...Things lilke the cousins Jason and Jeremy, the new club and how it was going,..
Hmmm, I guess I should be flattered? lol

I'm sure he was very truthful about everything as well.

Did he mention getting the police escort out of the RGC meeting??
Heck yes he was truthful.....We chat just like you do here with your side as you see it.

The internet is such a great place too go bashing anyone who you feel did you wrong or doesn't do as you expect.

Karsten
LOL again!
I'm not bashing anyone. Just getting the word out about what REALLY happened out at Riverside. Jack is more than welcome to post here if he wishes.

I see you are a great public defender of him BUT you have no knowledge of whats going on here in NC...other than what Jack tells you or you read in his "Pravda" like articles.

Hey, that's ok. YOU believe what you want....while we are here in the real world with facts and details on the whole RGC deal.
 
G

·
JasoniNC said:
hmm, Well I'm sure "Fred" (Jack) can afford to do that since he has literally thousands of M14 stocks. Shipping isn't that big a deal either what maybe $50 bucks, prolly less.

Shipping them to you to paint and then you ship them to the sand box, Hey thats Great, I've never had a problem with "Fred's" patriotism. My problem along with all the other RGC members is that "Fred" acted like a child and kicked the club off the property because he got voted out. Its that simple.

Sure me an Jeremy are cousins, We've been shooting at RGC for 10 years ( well until Jack kicked the Club off the property because he got booted outta the Presidential seat on the board of directors).

Are we backing each other up on posts here, sure. We're both sick of "Fred's" version of the truth.

It's a moot point anyways, its all gonna be settled in a court room very soon.

If you have a personal problem with us, Fine! I could careless.

Jason

PS. if you don't Know I am a Member of Riverside Gun Club.

J
As for Fred (Jack's) ability or number of stocks he may have at his disposal isn't really an issue here.......He stepped up too the plate without a second thought.

As for Not liking you heck no.......Just tired of the One Sided BS about RSGC which matters nothing too most folks here as we don't shoot there.

Someone's good, bad or indifferent post always turns into a Jeremy and Jason Bashing session about Fred and the RSGC.

So I took it upon myself and you noe have a dedicated Mini SGN post too slam, hammer and drive your point home. Post all your veiws, update it regularly so that those that are interested can stay up too date :D

http://www.battlerifles.com/viewtopic.p ... 121#280121

Knock yourselve's out now guys, should be fun :wink:

Karsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
If you're only going by what Jack tell's you, then believe me, you're only geting a very slanted "half" (..and that's giving him the benefit of the doubt) of the story.

Quite simply, the woes at Riverside Gun Club stem from the fact that Jack didn't like it when the membership voted him out. He took his ball (majority shares in the landholder's corp) and went home, like a child on the playground who's told he can't be team captain anymore.

The RGC members, tired of Jack's way of running the range voted him out, fairly, by the rules...rules he put in place. And when the vote didn't go his way, he kicked the club off the land. It's that simple.

Well, it'll all be sorted out very soon, and you can read all about it here (from the cousins) or from "Fred", in SGN, but thankfully, it will all be over very, very soon.

Believe what you want, but the rules were followed, Jack was voted out as President, legally, then he kicked the club off in spite/retalliation. Jack wasn't kicked out of the club, just replaced as President, in the first vote in many years, and he couldn't deal with his defeat. So, RGC is without a range (for now), and Jack gets to vent in SGN.

I just want my range back. Simple as that, and yes, there is animosity towards the guy who booted us off because he couldn't be president anymore. I think that was petty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
741 Posts
Karsten said:
Someone's good, bad or indifferent post always turns into a Jeremy and Jason Bashing session about Fred and the RSGC.

Karsten
Just to clarify...you brought us into this post.

Consider yourself counselled. :oops:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
hey Karsten I hope you like this. :roll:

You are the one that Brought Me and Jeremy into this post, I was content to leave it well enough alone.

I maybe wrong, But I believe every post that we have added posts to had either a specific question about RGC or some comment about RGC and "Freds" articles.

I'm glad u started up a post just for us, But I think it was a waste of your time.

Jason

BTW, you should proof read your posts, loose the upper case "A" in my name
 
G

·
JasoniNC said:
hey Karsten I hope you like this. :roll:

You are the one that Brought Me and Jeremy into this post, I was content to leave it well enough alone.

I maybe wrong, But I believe every post that we have added posts to had either a specific question about RGC or some comment about RGC and "Freds" articles.

I'm glad u started up a post just for us, But I think it was a waste of your time.

Jason

BTW, you should proof read your posts, loose the upper case "A" in my name
Want to pick on Typo's.....Learn grammar. "Me and Jeremy" should be Jeremy and Myself" or "Jeremy and I"

The post had nothing to do with RSGC until you came along. I see nothing at all about RSGC until you interject so get a clue......Most here don't care :eek:

Of your posts that total less than 50, all are bashing Fred's and RSGC retoric.

How about my side of it like anyone cares either....You seem too be maybe a into Bump Firing your New AK47 while Jeremy has his SKS going full speed.....What does it matter? Not a darn bit, most here will never meet Jack, shoot at RSGC (or the deposed RSGC).

Myself, if you don't have a place too shoot and lost a range that is your fault.

I feel the issue closed and if you need to vent you have a post and popcorn is poppin and hope too see pictures.

Want extra butter and salt....I fix it up that way with a touch of Garlic Salt, man the beer tastes good :D

Karsten
 
G

·
Karsten said:
JasoniNC said:
hey Karsten I hope you like this. :roll:

You are the one that Brought Me and Jeremy into this post, I was content to leave it well enough alone.

I maybe wrong, But I believe every post that we have added posts to had either a specific question about RGC or some comment about RGC and "Freds" articles.

I'm glad u started up a post just for us, But I think it was a waste of your time.

Jason

BTW, you should proof read your posts, loose the upper case "A" in my name
Want to pick on Typo's.....Learn grammar. "Me and Jeremy" should be Jeremy and Myself" or "Jeremy and I"

The post had nothing to do with RSGC until you came along. I see nothing at all about RSGC until you interject so get a clue......Most here don't care :eek:

Of your posts that total less than 50, all are bashing Fred's and RSGC retoric.

How about my side of it like anyone cares either....You seem too be maybe a into Bump Firing your New AK47 while Jeremy has his SKS going full speed.....What does it matter? Not a darn bit, most here will never meet Jack, shoot at RSGC (or the deposed RSGC).

Myself, if you don't have a place too shoot and lost a range that is your fault.

I feel the issue closed and if you need to vent you have a post and popcorn is poppin and hope too see pictures.

Want extra butter and salt....I fix it up that way with a touch of Garlic Salt, man the beer tastes good :D

Karsten
It's rhetoric.

:wink:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
66 Posts
Karsten,

I know my Grammar sucks, I just wanted you to fix the spelling of my name by replacing it with a lower case"a". Sheesh!!

Btw, About 8 maybe 10 posts possibly more but not all 50+ are RGC related, the rest were over a year ago and were mainly focused on what this site is about, Battlerifles, Mainly the then new to me Norinco M14s.

The main reason for my low post count is due to persons like you who feel that they should be moderating the boards even when there is someone else who has that job.

I'll over look the errors in your posts if you'll quit worrying about what other people post.

And you did bring us into this post by publically adding our names to a post about a conversation you had with "Fred". That post had todo with the surprise of actually getting a stock delivered in short order instead of what appears to be the normal 2-3 months delivery time. so who Hi-jacked this post?

Befor you had bothered to post about your conversation with him, I had already seen this topic read through it and chose not to post as there were no specific comments about RGC at that time.

You wanna get into a pissing match fine, do it off the boards. I'm just tired of your BS. If "Fred" feels like he needs to post what he feels is correct then let him do it and stop trying to be his press agent. He obviously has a computer how else does he get his online orders from his website.

My email addy, my yahoo messenger info, My PM are all available at the bottom of this reply, so fire away.
 
G

·
Humm, I find it interesting that a few folks who are so concerned about RSGC aren't even Members of RSGC...They just like too shoot there for free :eek:

Then it appears that Jack and a few others Own the Property or say 95% of it and as such can give anyone the boot. Especially a new club that doesn't want to sign a lease or take any liability for members or guests.

By the way, above info didn't come from Jack or SGN either :D

Now let's get back too bashing Fred's for slow shipping or the original post.....The good Capt was Suprised.

Karsten
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Two Beautiful Stocks

Pleasantly suprised...

These are "you-can't-tell'em-from-new" stocks. I'll post pictures after the selector cutout fills cure and I've painted them.

Pleae don't make fun...I'm no Cornbread :lol: !
 
G

·
I recvd a big red birch from Fred's the other day. Took less than two weeks from order to delivery. I think I'll order a couple of the synthetics today.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top