Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks - got a trick for you...

Go to http://www.google.com. You all know google I'm sure - the venerable search engine.

Type in "French Military Victories" without the quotes, and then click "I'm feeling lucky!"

Make sure you click "I'm feeling lucky!"

·
Registered
123 Posts
That list was really good, but they forgot one of the worst defeats for the French- Agincourt.

King Henry the 5th of England got pissed at a remark made by the French Dauphan (sp?) and let a smallish group of knights into Northern France . They wandered around for a while causing trouble, and eventually the French Dauphan assembled a vastly overwhelming force of the creme-de-la-creme of French Knighthood. They confronted the now yet smaller sick and hungry band of English Knights on a field near Agincourt. The French, using all of their vast store of military wiles, decided upon a "decisive" massed charge of heavy cavalry into a swampy low area in front of the English lines. Their horses bogged down in the mud, allowing English Longbowmen to pick them off at leisure from the safety of a treeline.
The English account lists 5,000 French Knights killed for a loss of 15 Englishmen. That number includes a number of of "camp followers" that were in the English rear area, killed by a small group of Dishoniorable Frenchmen.

Another great day in French Military History.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts