Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At our local gun show today there was a Standard Products carbine with a tag that said all early features, it did have a low wood stock but everything else seemed to be early( rear sight. barrel band, etc) it was an obvious re-park job. The best part was the price, $2195.00. I must be rich, I had no idea my guns were worth so much.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
I have a carbine that's worth twenty times that much. :shocked: Trouble is, it's only worth that to me. :wink:

Really .... gun shows. Some people have really exaggerated ideas about what their stuff is worth.
Sorta reminds me in a way of back in the 70s & 80s when my mother was more involved in painting and doing art shows. If she had a painting she wanted to "show" but didn't want to sell, she'd stick a price tag on it marked ridiculously high so no one would want to pay for it.
It usually worked, too. :cryinlaugh:
I can't imagine why someone would want that for a carbine, what .... was it plated with 24KT gold?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I used to do gun shows I usually had a piece or two that I really wasn't too hot to sell, so Iwould put what I thought was a sky high price on them, but a lot of times someone bought them. Oh well I would just get something I liked better.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Out of curiosity, what would a Standard Products be worth? I saw one at a show this past weekend for $650. It was not import marked, had the early barrel band, late adjustable sight, and an appropriate barrel (i.e., dated correctly, and looked original to the receiver). The stock looked like it had been refinished, but the cartouches were still evident in the sling well. The trigger housing didn't look like it fit that well in the stock. I didn't look at it an further, because I don't want another "projects" rifle, and I didn't want to waste the time of the individual trying to sell it. But I am curious as to value. Any ideas?

FWIW, I've seen some interesting rifles up for sale at local shows recently. I think that the economy is affecting prices, and presenting some good bargains. I saw a couple of nice H&R Garands at decent prices this past weekend, too, but I don't need more rifles to lock up in a safe.

·
Premium Member
3,218 Posts
I'd say that you passed up a fair price. If it was 80% correct, the parts were worth that much and more. The fit of the trigger guard in the stock is usually sloppy, so that isn't and issue.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts