Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooooooooo, I just got back from California premiering the two ZERO TO HERO season closer episodes for The Outdoor Channel brass. Luckily, they loved them! You guys get to see them starting next week.

We're putting together ZERO TO HERO TWO...My producer Robin, Denny Chalker, Chris-The-Ace-Airsoft-Armorer and I were out scouting locations for the ZTH2; I've been around a while (not as long as CeePee, but then, who has?) and I think I've seen everything. Not so! Frigging amazing "undisclosed location!" I mean, there are so few individuals with their own rocket launchers these days. And that's to say nothing of the tank used in RED DAWN. I stand in awe. Chalker's eyes positively lit up. This one ought to be REALLY NUTS.

I'm thinking I want to open it up to viewers. We'll draft a person and toss him or her (or *it,* in the case of Dean) into our own little A-Team, to be beaten into shape by Chalker for 48 hours, pal around with the stuntgirls, then have the opportunity to shoot the crap out of a bunch of people force-on-force. Of course, we'll throw in a bunch of swag, maybe one of those $400 nuclear Airsoft guns. Timeframe would be mid-May, and you'd need maybe six days away from The World. We pick up all the expenses.

What do you guys think? 25 words or less? A resume? Topless photos? A video? Bribes?

And remember, you heard it first on Gun Zone...

Michael B

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Somebody has GOT to tape some of these shows and send them to me.

Saw in interesting show on that other Outdoor channel a couple weeks ago that profiled the owner of Dillon reloading equipment and his enviable collection of full autos. Talk about Shock & Awe! I think they fired in the AZ desert.

Speaking of Zero to Hero you could do a show on S&W's Minder and call it Zero to Hero to Zero or Back to Zero

Ed

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Swifty said:
...talk to his rep...
That's m'guy!

My all-time favorite agent story involved, "Zeppo," the fourth of the Marx Brothers, after he left the performing act and went into the business side of the business with Milton ("Gummo").

Herbert was vigorously wooing an actor for their agency in a night club when a drunk arrived table-side and started pestering the actor. The baby of the five celebrated brothers immediately stood up and cold-cocked the intruder, then turned to the actor: "Now, does William Morris give you that sort of representation?"

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Why a Duck?

You know in later years Groucho always said that Zeppo was the funniest of the brothers.

G

·
We'll draft a person and toss him or her (or *it,* in the case of Dean) into our own little A-Team, to be beaten into shape by Chalker for 48 hours <snip> Timeframe would be mid-May
25 words or less.... Hmmmm.

I always wanted to be on the Big Screen and Lord knows I could use the beating.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You know, you're right...in 12 years of being represented by Wm. Morris, my agent never punched out anyone.

No wonder I'm not John Grisham. Then again, maybe my agent should have punched me out, especially after I did that knock-off book on Willie Nelson. Ah well, the check cleared, and Willie thought it was funny.

BTW, memo to Mr. CeePee...I'm thinking the King Of All Reloading would be perfect for the Halloween episode, discussing how to develop decent loads for silver bullets. Whatd'ja think, Charlie?

Michael B

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
Bane said:
&#8230;after I did that knock-off book on Willie Nelson&#8230;
O sweet honey mustard!

Tomorrow my little seaside Village is going to have its annual Saint Patrick's Parade Day, and in a moment of unequalled&#8230; recently, at least&#8230; lunacy, I agreed to portray Willie, bedecked in a braided red wig!, on a float for the local performing arts center on whose behalf Br'er Nelson is appearing this Summer.

Madness!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jeez, that's a scary picture!!!!!

Uncle Willie once told me a homily that has meant much to me over the years. He said:

"God don't hold nothing against you that happens on the road..."

Them's words to live by!

mb

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
MBane,

Did I read those words in ANR? They sound familiar.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YEP!

Writing is like hog butchering...you use everything but the *squeal.*

Say something clever to me, and sooner or later, I'll steal it.

mb

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
But it's like Groucho said: "I only steal from the best!"

I think this was in reference to him stealing borrowing a line from B.G. Shaw but I can't recall at the moment what that particular line was.

Ed

·
Registered
430 Posts
Great picture, Dean. Can you actually play that thing you're holding? :lol:

Bob

1 - 20 of 22 Posts