Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently updated my Tetanus/Diphtheria immunity by getting a booster as I figure this will not be available if the SHTF. I certainly wouldn't want to die from lockjaw because I got a simple cut and didn't have my shot. The shot is good for 10 years.

Anybody else get a booster recently? How long has it been? Any other shots that anybody could suggest to get that are available to civilians?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Got my tetanus shot last summer when I split my head open workin on my truck :eek: So im good for 10 years as well.

Im workin on a SHTF collection of useful weapons.
After that a small food supply.
I already have 2 possible bug-out locations, but one is 20 miles from a nucelar power plant :eek:

Later :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Got mine last week when I burned my leg.
It is kind of funny. I saw this movie a while back. They thaw out this bronze age man. Somehow he gets loose and they look for him. Anyway this doctor says he must be military. His blood samples came back. He has anti-bodies to rabies, anthrax, cholera, smallpox, ex...
At the time I admired that.

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have to say it . youll hate me
a penicillin shot after a weekend drinking in a strange bar with shady women ..... :oops:

all my service shots are expired early 90,s i was on my but with the big bottle of mixed concotion they had with the air gun outchhhhh
and were always updating no thanks maybee tetnus but then i could
caterize wound if need be after many beers

·
Registered
332 Posts
M1a Owner, a way to get a useful series of vaccinations is to arrange a vacation to sub saharan africa. The series covers almost every disease known that has a vaccine. dmen

·
Registered
321 Posts
I plan on getting a shot for smallpox some time in the near future, I'm tryin to convinve the rest of the family but my Mom is a nurse so I'm having a hard time doing it. You guys have some facts I could use to pursaude them?

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, check out my post in this forum entitled "The Dark Winter" Exercise for some good info on Smallpox.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Thanks M1A_Owner I already read that, I found it rather interesting. I think I scared my sister into it with the pictures and reading her the syptoms of it, she winced at one of the pictures. I'm working on getting the parents to get a booster because they were both vacinated when they were kids.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SK89,

The scary thing is that there is no booster available to civilians right now. That's why I posted that article. But I also wanted to note that many people born AFTER 1972 HAVE RECEIVED THE VACCINE contrary to what the CDC says, I received one in 1977 as a very young child. You may be one of them. Check your upper arm at the ball of the shoulder for a round mark with several small pock like scars in it.

There is no way to receive the vaccine currently unless you are in the military or medical field that I know of.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts