Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone aware of any existing magazines that hold more than 6 rounds that will fit the Glock Model 36. I am aware that, since the sunset, it will likely take time for the manufacture of the various "normal" (not limited) capacity magazines to get the new designs to the market. However, I am asking if there currently exists any alternative magazine other than the very limited 6 round from Glock. Do they offer a higher capacity police issue magazine for the Model 36? Or one that extends from the base of the handgrip?

Thanks. All input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I don't know for sure, but I would venture to guess that the 6 rounder is the only one Glock intends to make for this gun because it's the only single stack gun Glock makes. It's not a duty gun, it's a compact CCW along the lines of a Colt Officer's ACP. Having a longer magazine would just make the gun more likely to "print."

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
I think RAJ is correct. They could have made up to 10 rd mags for the 36 before the sunset of the AWB if they had wanted to do so. I don't know if there are any finger extensions for that magazine.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
For me, I find that the hardest part of concealed carry is keeping the butt from printing. Here comes Glock and makes a nice, compact .45 that has a very short butt, much less likely to print....and what does Pearce do? Make an extension that makes the gun less concealable and adds only one shot?!?! (If 7 won't do it, why would 8? Isn't that one of the reasons we carry spare mags?)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey, Travis, you have to remember that I'm a 49 year old white male suffering from what most of us do when we reach "advanced middle age": Disappearing Butt Syndrome! :lol:

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I was just thinking about using some of these extended 10 round sticks in my Detonics.
:wink:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts