Gunhub.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My glock 23 is not going completely into battery while firing. I think I need a new spring for the pistol. It is 12 years old all original stuff probable 9-10,000 rds through it. Also some times the trigger is dead after it has cycled a fresh round and it needs to be re cocked in order to fire the round. any idea on what may cause this.

Jason

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Regarding not going into battery, you DEFINATYELY need a new spring. The recoil spring in a semi auto pistol is the most abused and quickest wearing part, and should be change every couple of thousand rds. As to the isue with the trigger, I dont know, but you should certainly replace the recoil spring ASAP. Using the factory recoil spring for a decade is like not changing the oil in your car for years - it might not quit running immediately, but you are shortening the life of the equiptment, and inviting failure.

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
Do a search there using the terms 'detail AND stripping' - You'll get a number of hits including a pointer to the Glock Armoror's Manual on BigHammer.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help I'll try a new spring first and go from there.

Jason

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Actually, I imagine that a worn recoil spring would probably have at least slightly less detrimental effects on a polymer gun than an all-steel one. The frame would likely absorb more of the vibration and shock that the impact would generate.

However, I'd still rather keep my recoil springs changed, and not have to find out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts