Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YANKEES 6, TWINS 4

Top of the heap
Bernie's blast gives Yankees 100th win, seventh AL East title in a row and 241 HRs, a franchise record

BY JIM BAUMBACH
STAFF WRITER

October 1, 2004

Once the ball jumped off Bernie Williams' bat, everyone knew where it was going. In a Yankees season dominated by the long ball, it figures that with one swing, they would clinch the AL East title and break the franchise record for homers in a season with a game-winning shot by their longest- tenured player.
For the complete story, click here.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Hi All,

New guy here, just over from BR.com. Looks like you have a pretty good selection of forums. Looks like this will be our new Home. All that being said and the niceties over. :D

GO RED SOX!....Down with the Evil Empire! :wink:

·
Premium Member
6,935 Posts
My guys went like a bunch of kicked curs in four on Sunday night, so the sole interest left is whether or not the Yanks are going to be using all those "Whose Your Daddy?!" tee-shirts as crying towels next week.

I like the Flops in six.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I would love to see a Boston, Houston series. The BoSox (sounds like Botox) from Mass. against the Astros from Texas in this particular presidential election would be kind of interesting

·
Registered
311 Posts
Ahem!

Cardinals -2
Astros-0

In case you effete Eastern intellectuals haven't noticed, this corn-fed swing state's (and I don't mean Big Bands) team is in the hunt for a Red October.

Go Red birds!

Harvey

·
Registered
4,812 Posts
mjmensale said:
Tonight it'll be

Yankees - 2 wins :evil:

Red Sox - 1 win 8)

Moe
It appears that Moe is suffering from BDS*. It's tragic, really.

Of course it may turn out that Moe is correct, but that only proves that stopped clocks are correct .002315% of the time and that paranoids sometimes do have enemies.

*BDS = Beantown Dementia Syndrome

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
wuzzagrunt said:
It appears that Moe is suffering from BDS*. It's tragic, really.

*BDS = Beantown Dementia Syndrome
Damn straight! Now I finally know why my late dad (in Boston) used to curse under his breath every summer and fall!

But alas, it appears we gave the Bronx Bombers a day off to rethink their impending demise. Oh my........

Moe

·
Registered
356 Posts
Damn Yankees. :(

·
Registered
39 Posts
Arizona Cards,yep the football team stinks. Arizona Diamondbacks are here to. Thats one of my favorite baseball teams next to the Chicago Cubs..

I agree Damn Yankees..

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sports Illustrated said it best...

Bombs away in Boston
Yankees score record 19 runs to push Red Sox to brink of elimination

BOSTON (AP) -- The Yankees kept circling the bases, embarrassing Boston's beleaguered pitching staff. By the time the long, long night ended with a devastating 19-8 romp over the Red Sox, the dreaded New Yorkers were just one game away from a shocking sweep.
Here is the complete story.

:cheers:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts