Gunhub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've became the owner of a Centry Arms Golani Sporter 223. I''m wondering if I've made a mistake or not. I've been reading posts (on other forums) that don't speak too highly of the rifle.
Can ya'll give me any pointers? Do's/Dont's

Please let me know what you think.

·
Super Moderator
13,161 Posts
Does the gun work? Is it accurate enough to do what you want it to do? Are you satisfied with the price you paid for it? If three yesses, so far, so good.

Now all you have to worry about is its long-term durability, so only pay attention to complaints in that area, and see if there are improvements to be made there.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Guess I should have stated I haven't shot it yet and I have $350 invested in it. Should have had a range report before posting. I read the not so favorable posts after I bought it. I just haven't been able to find very many post about the rifle.

·
Super Moderator
13,161 Posts
The Golani is the Galil lookalike, right?

For $350, if it works at all and will stay on a man-size target at 100 yards, you got a deal.

If it doesn't, you got a very cool piece of wall art for $350. People pay LOTS more than that for really ugly paintings. :lol:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found a recall issued by Century Arms for certain serial numbered Golani Sporter's. Luckly, my serial number was not part of the recall.

Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know squat about the rifles.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
teddybear said:
Sorry if I sound stupid, but I don't know squat about the rifles.
Ain't no stupid questions, less'n ya ax 'um in the wrong place or too many times.

The Galil rifle was a triumph of theory over practice. It was heavier than an AK and fired a lighter round. The theory is still good. Execution depends on quality assurance. Your carbine version looks like a reasonable example, now that we can't get the Finn M72. Sigh.

The only complaint I have heard about Israeli weapons is low quality barrels. Supposedly they wear out faster than Americans expect.

Geoff
Who has examined, but not fired a full size Galil rifle.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Only thing bad I heard about them was the heat treating of the receiver. As I remember, the receiver would stretch after firing numerous rounds affecting(or is it effecting?) headspace.

Who knows?

They sure look cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts