Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
that is PROPER attire for full formal 19th century, although I question the use of the sash- it was usually reserved for nobility and royalty- you can see it to this day , although the members of Windsor house tend to wear dress uniforms rather than formal dress- so it's odd only b/c of your station and country- the other point I wish to make is that they are really good, and you don't usually see boogie woogie written for 4 hands- I was expecting the old mirror image selection where one pianist simply mimics the other, but that's a proper 4 handed selection- my mom has ancient music (hymns and whatnot) written for four hand and inside, a PROPER gentleman would have removed his hat- along with his overcoat and walking stick, and given it to the doorman

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Dr John (the heavy set guy with the beard) has been around a long time. He was born Malcolm John Rebbenack Jr in New Orleans, grew up on the streets and was originally a guitarist...until he had the tip of finger on his left hand shot off defending his piano player during an altercation in a dive they were playing.

He became a very popular session musician in the 60's, and eventually invented the persona of "Dr John the Night Tripper", combining blues and rock and zydeco and threw a little voodoo in during his during his stage shows.

He had one big hit back in the early 70's with "Right Place, Wrong Time".

That was some nice boogie-woogie!

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Wow… good stuff.

I recognized Dr. John from his frequent appearances on the HBO show "Treme" which was set in New Orleans, post Katrina and had the final episode last night.

bunch of good music and characters. I'll miss it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts