Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Site Founder
4,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Prodigy’s Sports.Rec Bulletin Board will be missed. I’m glad to see so many of its participants making AmBack their new home. With Dean and Charlie here the good times and laughs will continue on.

Fernando

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Selfish

I'm probably the only one who is glad that the Prodigy board is closing, in my own selfish way.

I have not been a subscriber to Prodigy since about 1994 so I could not post. I found it later by reading Dean's posts on rec.guns and it quickly became my reference for the "facts."

Reading the farewell posts these last two days was very sad indeed but I'm glad everyone is coming here to AMBACK and that I can participate.

Even though I could only lurk these past two years or so I feel I got to know a few people myself even though you did not know me. I followed the gunstock reports and checked out the pics.

Dean with the inside scoop, Charlie with a warehouse of a mind full of experience and knowledge, Tim with his after action reports, and for some reason, even though we have never met, I get the feeling that I wouldn't want to let Schmitt anywhere near my gas-grill :lol:

I consider this to be Commencement. Thanks for having me.

Ed

P.S. I always wanted to ask, Just what is the "AWP" that is usually mentioned in connection with Schmitt, I think?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ed, the AWP is Schmit's Accuracy International precision rifle (translated: sniper rifle) in .308. It's a VERY nice piece with the ability to shoot off a gnat's ear at 100 yds. (assuming, of course, the shooter does HIS part.)

G

·
Well, after getting a call from Fernando around 2100 last night to remind me about the closeing cerimonies I went and screwed the pooch and fell asleep during ER. Had planned to log on and say my Good-Bys. Oh well, old age and all.

The Shooting Sports BB.... where to begin... what to say???

It all started over on the Cops & Law Enforcement BB on Prodigy Classic some time in 92 or 93 when this guy named Dean invites me over to the SSBB, saying it is probably the board I'm looking for. A short time later me and this Dean guy get into an argument over the Galco NSA v Rosen ARG. Its been a friendship ever since.

Then there was this guy Charlie whom knew most everything. Only took me 5 or 6 months to realize who he was.

Then came Gunstocks and meeting other members - John Hunter, Jules, Tim, Jillian and the Gunstocks grew to mulitpule member meets up at Charles' place.

Members concerned about other members during personal problems, environmental disasters, employment difficulties, etc.

Along then way I learned a great deal about firearms, the industry, and made a whole lot of friends. What more can you ask for.

It is good to see that even though the SSBB is now closed a lot of the members have migrated over to AmBack. There was another board that I was on that got turned off and it's Moderators spun up another to take it's place... with no degridation in quality. The same will happen her I believe.

So all in all there is nothing to be sad about. All we've done is move from one house to another down Information Hwy which is just off of he Disinformation Cowpath.

I wouldn't want to let Schmitt anywhere near my gas-grill
Now Ed, you shouldn't have any concerns about me being around a gas-grill. Gas-Grills are static... where the problem come in is with Flamable items (wood, charcoal, etc) that need an external ingnition source (charcoal fluid, gas, Black or Smokeless Powder, LOX, Etc). That is when the fun (or as others view it... trouble) starts. :twisted:

And RAJ, you know it is not a Sniper Rifle unless a certified Sniper is behind the trigger... but then a Henry Mini-Bolt would be such if a Sniper was shooting it wouldn't it?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Schmit said:
And RAJ, you know it is not a Sniper Rifle unless a certified Sniper is behind the trigger... but then a Henry Mini-Bolt would be such if a Sniper was shooting it wouldn't it?
Picky, picky, picky! :wink:
"Grips," ".45 LONG Colt," "kB vs Kb".....sheesh! :p :lol:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
One of my more memorable mementos is a real 45 LONG COLT cartridge with a dreaded black talon bullet.

And a pretty cool plaque with a left handed rifle... :oops:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts