Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...wanting me to "upgrade" my Life membership to Platinum or Endowment or SuperTrooper or whatever the next level is called for the bargain rate of just $250 (instead of $1000).

I told the nice lady I wasn't going to contribute a dime to Wayne LaPierre's next custom tailored suit or mansion or vacation. Told her to give me a call back as soon as they get rid of him. She said thank you and got off the phone quickly. I got the impression she'd heard this many times, and maybe even agreed with it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
This is why I didn't give them my phone number... :)

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I'd rather jerk their chain like Snake did. :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is why I didn't give them my phone number... :)
I didn't either, that I can recall anyway. :confused:

But SOMEBODY is selling my name and number to every "police charity" grifter operation in the world, and I figger it must be either them or the one gun magazine I subscribe to. :confused:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I bought some 7mm Mauser ammo today at Midway I couldn't even let myself do the roundup of 43 cents.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
It is a bad time for the NRA to be in this situation.

They need Ollie North back, big time.

Well done, Snake.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You know that the person on the phone does not "work" for the NRA, they are a contracted call center. My Ex-Wife managed one of the many the NRA contracts the fundraising calls to. last time I got one of the calls the person said "I'm from the NRA, and I said "shouldn't you be saying you work for Infocision?" There was silence on the other end of the line and all the sudden they said "How did you know that?" [keep in mind it may not still be contracted with Infocision as there are tons of call center companies in the market]

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
JakeTheGunGuy,

Some of the call centers are NOT even in the USA. = I got one fund-raising/telemarketing call that was supposedly from the NRA from a call center in PONDICHERRY, INDIA.

The young woman that called me spoke BETTER English than I did. = VERY British Upper-Class, for sure.

yours, sw

·
Registered
7 Posts
JakeTheGunGuy,

Some of the call centers are NOT even in the USA. = I got one fund-raising/telemarketing call that was supposedly from the NRA from a call center in PONDICHERRY, INDIA.

The young woman that called me spoke BETTER English than I did. = VERY British Upper-Class, for sure.

yours, sw
Many companies use overseas call centers or customer support because of the cost savings. In the US, the call center employees are making $9/hr and up. I once asked a person from one of the call centers what they were paid. When I converted it to $US it worked out to $4/hr and their benefits were "having a job". No Medicare, No FICA, etc.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
...wanting me to "upgrade" my Life membership to Platinum or Endowment or SuperTrooper or whatever the next level is called for the bargain rate of just $250 (instead of $1000).

I told the nice lady I wasn't going to contribute a dime to Wayne LaPierre's next custom tailored suit or mansion or vacation. Told her to give me a call back as soon as they get rid of him. She said thank you and got off the phone quickly. I got the impression she'd heard this many times, and maybe even agreed with it.
Even though I been a Lifetime Member of the NRA for a long time and I been a Top Member for some time now and I still get calls from them and they asked me if I want to upgrade my Lifetime Membership Plan and when I tell them I been one for a Long time now and when I guess they looked into it they told me It was there fault and they meant the wanted to know if I wanted to make a Donation that it shows I haven't in a quite awhile and this was after I found out about all the indictments in New York and I tell them once they Send me Copies of them so I can see for myself I will start to Donate again and the Nice Lady says I will be getting them shortly but that was a long time ago. Now I feel I been Black Balled or there taking a longtime to send them out to me what had happened.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's Life Member, not "Lifetime Member."

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I have been worried this might happen since Ollie North blew the whistle a couple of years ago.

I have a feeling it is really bad there. Really bad.

That doesn't mean that the Organization should be broken up. When someone is trusted with a local Softball League's funds and skims money, they get busted but the League does not get broken up by the government. I really want to know how bad this is, and if funds have been lifted, how to get as much back as possible to go to the actual organization.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/n...0210115-ysecrcqqlbbdpovaxkdtoetzyq-story.html

·
Registered
806 Posts

Good for you... now if they can just hear that 10 thousand more times.

About 15 years ago I read where LaPierre had built job security into his contract...Gets a HUGE golden parachute AND pension if he's ever fired...and slightly smaller pension if he retires on his own. Who would sign such a contract? The NRA.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
I told them a decade back don't call for money. I' already a fire sale Patron.😕

Sam

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
And just to add to the fun...
Wait. How does the FBI have a list of who the NRA members are? - The Gun Feed

How'd the FBI get a list of NRA members?

https://www.creditslips.org/creditslips/2021/01/nra-bankruptcy.html
"Automatic Stay? Another issue is whether the bankruptcy filing will in any way stop the NY AG's action to dissolve the NRA. At the very least, the automatic stay should not. There is an exception in section 362(b)(4) from the stay for regulatory actions that are not seeking money from the debtor, and the NYAG suit seems squarely in that exception. It's possible that the NRA will seek a supplementary injunction from the bankruptcy court, however.

Trustee or Conversion. While I would expect a venue motion or a motion to dismiss the case, I would also expect a motion for appointment of a trustee or conversion to chapter 7 (which would trigger a trustee). The NRA seems like a classic case for this-there are credible allegations of serious financial impropriety involving the current management (namely executive VP Wayne LaPierre). That both fits into the "fraud, dishonesty, incompetence, or gross mismanagement" route for a trustee's appointment, or into the "best interests of the creditors" route. Two key things if a trustee is appointed. First, the trustee will hold the NRA's attorney-client privilege, not Mr. LaPierre. Mr. LaPierre will not be able to claim privilege for any conversations he had with the NRA's attorneys. Second, a trustee has every incentive to pursue all of the NRA bankruptcy estate's claims, including against Mr. LaPierre. That brings us to the next topic, the debtor in possession's fiduciary duties.

Fiduciary duties. The NRA as debtor in possession is a fiduciary for all of its creditors. That means, among other things, that if the NRA has potential claims against Mr. LaPierre or others, including fraudulent transfer claims, it must pursue them. Mr. LaPierre as EVP cannot decide whether to litigate against himself. If he's too conflicted, that will mean that the court will either have to appoint a trustee or let a creditors' committee pursue the claims."

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
JakeTheGunGuy,

yours, sw
I called a suicide hot line and got someone in Pakistan. They asked if I could drive a truck.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts