Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to see my two orthopedic surgeons on a follow-up today. Was talking with one of their nurses (a big fellow) and he had to re-input my data onto new forms proscribed by ObamaCare.

"This," he said, "is just phase one.Phase two is we have to report all of this data to the Federal Government."

I damn near vapor locked. All of you, whenever you go to the doctor, for whatever reason, your data is being collected. In time, it will be transmitted to the Federal Governent so they can figure out if you deserve medical treatment, or if it's your own fault, like fat guys getting diabetes.

Okay, I'm overweight and I smoke. I don't mind my private health insurance company charging me more for "at risk" behavior. (Although I wonder if skydivers, marathon runners, football players and others who engage in activities which often result in injuries or long term medical conditions will be charged more) But the idea of Big Brother collecting this data?

I SAY NO!!! It's just not their GD business! :censored::censored::censored::soap::soap::soap:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The way they see it is simple: if they are paying for it, it IS their business.
That's just it, Patrick. They are NOT paying for it. I have Blue Cross/Blue Shield, and these visits are paid by Worker's Comp, which my employer pays for. It is managed by an insurance company.

Supposedly, I should be able to keep my health insurance if I want...at least that is what Obama said :)grumble:). If that is the case, then WHY are doctor's offices having to complete this procedure on me? On EVERYONE. The Federal Government has NO compelling reason to know ANYTHING about my health. Not yet, anyway.

I say this is an egregious violation of privacy. And an absolute violation of the HIPPA law. MY WIFE cannot be informed of my medical condition or treatment ir I do not approve it - IN WRITING!!! So how does the Federal Government get access to this?

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
The way they see it is simple: if they are paying for it, it IS their business.
Well, They "are" paying for it-----WITH OUR TAX $$$$$$$
BUT since "OUR" money is "THEIR" money, they can MAKE us pay and fork over the INFO. :censored: :banghead: :soap: :censored: :banghead: :soap: :censored: :banghead: :soap: :censored: :banghead: :soap: .....and, so forth.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Guys, HIPPAA is Dead & Buried with ObamaCare... to these damn libs tyou don't even have the right to own your own BODY.

Whatever happened to, as the abortion crowd always used to say, "Our Bodies, Our Choices"? It's time to take the Alinsky playbook and ram it right up their backsides 'til it knocks out teeth...

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
to ALL,

this bunch of lunatics/kooks/wierdos/perverts/criminals in this current "Obama MIS-administration" are NOSEY & all too interested in gathering information that's decidedly NONE of their business.

yours, sw

·
Registered
795 Posts
Let Me Get This Straight
We are going to be gifted with a health care plan that we are forced to purchase, and fined if we don't, signed by a president who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, by a government which has already bankrupted Social Security and Medicare, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
OK, IF you are receiving Social Security AND you are retired AND you have an ongoing health care plan (Blue Cross, Blue Shield, etc., etc.) AND you are being charged/deducted for Medicare/Medicade Parts A and B try this.

Call your local Social Security Office and request that you be taken off Medicare/Medicade because you are retired and already have health insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts