Gunhub.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm back in the land of the 7-11 and browsing for some reading material. My choices are endless...Guns & Ammo or Soldier Of Fortune. Sigh.

SOF has an article on the XM8 and the M4 Enhanced, both from H&K. I plop down the cash, pick up my magazine and Cheeseburger Big Bite, and hit the road.

I'm reporting to my first day of work with a new employer. I arrive about 30 minutes early and since I don't have the entry code yet, I sit in the car and read the magazine. I start with the H&K article. But wait, the pages jump from 66 to 74, with the meat of the only article I was really interested in contained in the missing range. Sigh. Must've left the rest of the article in Rhodesia or something.

The one bright spot was the ad for IRON WOLF ENTERPRISES. It features a hotty dressed in combat boots, some sort of ragged skirt thing, and an LBE vest of some sort. She's squatting in a semi-Thinker pose with an MP5 in her right hand. But wait...the muzzle is pointed safely at the ground next to her and her finger is off the trigger! Sweet. Lately even the Dillon girls have been pointing muzzles at pink parts on occasion. Refreshing to see cheesecake being done responsibly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, Glen, play nicer.

I mean, isn't it GREAT that Peter Kokalis no longer "writes" for SOF?

And I am sure the article on Steve Schreiner would bring a smile to your face. "Did you get a flyer?"

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glen, please understand that SOF is not on my regular reading list. In this case I was forced to choose between Guns & Ammo or Soldier of Fortune. Hardly a plethora of options!

Now, if I was looking to buy a video instruction series on the Ancient Ninja Turtle Neck-Holds of Death I would be all over it. My personal favorite in this issue was the Rhodesian Army t-shirt for sale. How about a Stasi ballcap while I'm at it? Heydrich's personal P-38, anyone? :roll:

I was in a convenience store a mile or so from the entrance to MacDill AFB and I was deathly afraid someone in uniform would see me buying it. :oops:

·
Registered
21 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts