Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How good are the Great Western Arms SAA replicas? What would one expect to spend for one in nice shape?

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Is somebody using the name again? I remember them from the sixties (?) before cloning became popular. IIRC they were by Sauer.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I might have a chance to get one. So far I haven't heard bad about them. I have seen prices of at least $300 to 400, depending on condition and caliber. This particular one is in 45LC.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
I had one in 22lr back in 1958, it was well made and it was the same size as their 45 cal version. I have no idea what the going rate is on them these days, I paid 70.00 for mine, but like I said that was in 1958. I was very happy with it.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
I do know that both Elmer Keith and John Taffin have written well about them, and had custom guns built on them and so forth, and I don't think either of those guys would have wasted their time or money on junk. They were pretty much the "only game in town" if you wanted a new single action revolver before Ruger came out with the Blackhawk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts