Gunhub.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the request of the Site owner I was asled to take photos of the mounts we have in our store. While you see these on the TV and at the Zoo most hunters don't get a chance to see them Up Close. Even though they are Mounts it is surprising how intimidating these are. I figure they should go here under hunting vice Nature Photography as they were (hunted of course).

If your ever in the Orlando FL Area stop in at Shoot Straight in Apopka and have a look... hell while your there releave some stress and put some rounds down range or buy a firearm. :lol:

Enjoy!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Must be some store!

I plan on taking my boys up to the new Cabela's near Reading, PA this summer. ( about an hour and a half away) They have supposedly thousands of museam quality mounts. They say they are going to become the single, largest toursit attraction in PA.

Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
LI,

The picture of my follow counte.... employee is the 7th one down. He even has he company hat on.

Here is a pic of another count... employee. As you can see he is not good looking and gets very few dates.

[IMG=left]http://www.ambackforum.com/files/blue_ball_monkey.jpg[/IMG]

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Interesting thing about lighting....in the first photo (on my machine, at least,) the lighting is such that it produces a glare on the sign the bear is holding, making it appear that the wording is "SHOUT STRAIGHT." Good advice????

·
Registered
149 Posts
Now I have a reason to actually come to Florida. It might be worth a trip just to see this shop.

Actually, the wife has been nagging me to go to Florida, I just never cared for it.

·
Super Moderator
7,758 Posts
Actually, Schmit doesn't work with the monkey. I heard that Schmit replaced the monkey. It seems the monkey wanted higher pay and more befefits so he quit and they hired Schmit instead... :twisted:

Ed

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ya know Ed... that pretty much sums it up! My proper (Latin) title is
Cercopithecus ascanius schmidti * (Retail Monkey)

*Look it up!!! :p

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Monkey talk

If it was a retailed monkey, it may have been a Schmit.

If it was a detailed monkey, it was a baboon.

:roll:

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Schmit,

Nice store.... I'd love to stop by. My shop has two boring deer mounts.
These were given to me by customers. I was always too cheap to bring things to a Taxidermist.... But never too tired to pack the meat back:)
Thanks for the pictures

Gerry

1 - 12 of 12 Posts