Gunhub.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people I know are staunch supporters of Israel (good!) yet at the same time support gun control in the U.S. This leaves me a bit puzzled....

How can someone who loves Israel, where everyday citizens are well armed to protect themselves and their country from harm, be against the ownership of firearms in the U.S.? If anything, I would think that they would be pro-second ammendment knowing first-hand what is required to protect themselves individually and as a nation.

Maybe I'm naive or narrow-minded, but I don't get it. Any enlightenment on this seemingly contradictory mindset is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
Jews who have migrated to Israel seem to have learned the lessons of the Warsaw ghetto. There a very small band of armed Jews held the German army to a standstill. Yes, they eventually lost, but not through direct armed conflict with the Germans, but through an artillery barrage and fires that destroyed the ghetto.

In Israel, it's fairly easy to gain permission to carry a weapon - if you are Jewish, that is. And this armed citizenry has been the bane of more than one Palistinian terrorist. Even teachers there are armed; something we could profit by if we did the same. But here in this country we have a gaggle of Jews in Congress leading the crusade to disarm mere citizens. Feinstein, Boxer and Schumer are just the most promenant of these names. But it's not just Jews that should know better. We have promenant blacks who failed to learn a damned thing with the Jim Crow laws that forbid them to own a gun that they could defend against night riders both in the North and the South.

Does it make sense? No, but that's the way it is....

·
Registered
10,803 Posts
And you don't need to be Jewish to join JPFO. They've got some very good "comic books" you can order by the bunch for dropping at the doctor's office, etc, to spread the word....

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
I purchased some of their "pamphlet/comic books" and tried to donate them to our "Partner In Education" elementary school and the county Board of Education would not allow them to accept/use them :evil:

And, Sam is correct, you do not have to be of the Jewish religion to be a member of JPFO, but I think it is a great organization and Mr. Zelman has written some very good books about Firearms and reasons to own them. In fact one of the stories from "Dial 9-1-1 and DIE!" is about a situation that took place here in Fairmont WV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts