Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To ALL,

IF you doubt the UTTER FOOLISHNESS of designating "gun-free zones", consider this fact: Since the year 1950, all but TWO mass murders with guns in the USA were IN "gun-free zones".
(Unless such places have armed LEO on site, I actively avoid such places as "potentially dangerous".)

NOTE: As some of the old-timers here KNOW, I lost 3 members of our family & numerous school chums to a MASS MURDERER at THE DAINGERFIELD CHURCH MASSACRE. = All these years later, Daingerfield & Morris County, TX remain SAD & MOURNFUL places.
(The murderer told the Morris County Sheriff later that night that, "I hate them dirty christers & I knowed that they didn't allow no guns at that church-house".)

Btw, for the last two years, every time that I was out shopping & ran into a "no guns" sign, I went elsewhere AND the next day mailed a postcard to the store owner/manager stating what I had planned to buy there, where I went to make the actual purchase & how much I spent at their competition. = This is quite CHEAP & in my experience, WORKS WELL.
(As just ONE example, a local Goodyear Tire Store removed their "NO GUNS" sign, after I sent them one of my "love notes" & told the franchisee that I bought 486.oo worth of tires at his competitor, which does NOT have such a sign, about 5 blocks away.)

It's time for all of us 2nd Amendment supporters to FIGHT BACK against the FOOLISHNESS of the "anti-gun morons" & the retailers that cater to their STUPID notions.

just my OPINION, sw

·
Registered
10,804 Posts
Texas has very specific wording required for a place not named as gun free by law to be a no-guns facility. Unless it's got the required signage I say to Hell with it and enter anyway if I must do business there.

What disgusts me with the open carry and campus carry bills pending is the number of so-called Texans who prefer unarmed victims to being able to defend yourself or your family.

When we first got concealed carry here it was against the law to carry in church. I don't know which church shooting caused it, but back in 1996, right after Texas got its concealed carry law in effect there was a church shooting. In '97 the Legislature promptly amended the law.

It's starting to look like once again Speaker Straus will sit on open carry/campus carry as he's done in the past. The Texas Senate has passed and sent SB17 to the Texas House where it languishes.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
csmkersh,

The change in the law on being armed in church was directly related to the Sunday night church massacre in Daingerfield. = Eleven were murdered & 20-25 people were wounded.
(The actual number of wounded is still uncertain, as the living victims were "scattered out to" hospitals in at least 5 local counties.)

You might also want to know that the "mainstream media" from ABC, BBC, CBS, CNN, NBC & PBS, as well as many newspaper reporters quickly arrived en mass to cover the "slaughter at a small town church".
When the reporters discovered that the murderer was a Democratic Party "activist" out of the Northeast, an avowed atheist & a leftist radical, the press suddenly had "important business" elsewhere.
(Only THE LONGVIEW MORNING JOURNAL, THE TITUS COUNTY TRIBUNE & THE STEEL COUNTRY BEE covered the massacre in detail, as the massacre just wasn't a story that the media WANTED to tell.)

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
What a fearful existence leftist minions have...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts