Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the first time in many years according to a new Pew Poll.
Gee ya think that the current riots and negative depiction of the police have anything to do with this sudden return of common sense to Americans,

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Harry Reid is about to get a rabid anti-gunner made surgeon general while no one is looking during the holidays, and before the senate changes hands.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
bearcat6,

This sort of thing is WHY defeated congress-critters should LEAVE the halls of the Capitol as soon as they're defeated. = That way they couldn't MESS THINGS UP WORSE as a "lame duck".

And WHY "direct election of Senators" was/IS a REALLY BAD idea.= The 17th Amendment should be REPEALED.

just my OPINION, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Stand Watie said:
... And WHY "direct election of Senators" was/IS a REALLY BAD idea.= The 17th Amendment should be REPEALED.
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
SW, I whole heartedly absolutly AGREE! "Direct election" of the senators was a HORRIBLE IDEA!
"The people" already had representation -- in the House of Representatives, which is WHY it was NAMED that!
All the 17th amendment did was eliminate the political representation of the states.
I am glad that we have some people who aren't so overwhelmed by the supposed "beauty" of "democracy" that they forget our Founders did not intend us to BE a Democracy, but a Republic. With a Constitution as its legal backbone.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Amen....

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
:thumbsup::thumbsup:
SW, I whole heartedly absolutly AGREE! "Direct election" of the senators was a HORRIBLE IDEA!
"The people" already had representation -- in the House of Representatives, which is WHY it was NAMED that!
All the 17th amendment did was eliminate the political representation of the states.
I am glad that we have some people who aren't so overwhelmed by the supposed "beauty" of "democracy" that they forget our Founders did not intend us to BE a Democracy, but a Republic. With a Constitution as its legal backbone.
Eloquently put! I agree 100%. I know that I didn't realize that Senators were appointed by the States until I had my first college Poly Sci class.

And I THOUGHT I had a pretty good primary and secondary education. America was referred to as a Democracy all throughout my school days until then. That's when I learned about a Constitutional Republic, and Franklin's reported answer to a woman who asked what kind of Government we had.

"A republic if you can keep it."

1 - 6 of 6 Posts