Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and in particular, one of our resident scribes, has the cover in this month's Handloader.

Since he won't mention it, I will.

It's a compressed history of the evolution of combat tupperware.

And also a testimony for aforementioned writer's penchant for redheads... :)

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
I don't know what concerns me more; that he's interested in 'Tactical-Tupperware' or the Redhead thing? course, they're both trouble.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
he's interested in 'Tactical-Tupperware' or the Redhead thing? course, they're both trouble.
He is "interested" in neither. I am but a simple witness to history and reported what I saw. If anything in that story can be construed to say I "like" Glock I have failed.

As far as the redhead goes I take the fifth...

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I consider "tactical tupperware" any gun that has a "plastic" component.

Not just Glocks.

I've also learned that "plastic" when you speak of guns ain't necessarily a non starter.

I've got a couple I'd take into a fracas...

I'll leave the redhead thing be... :)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
If anything in that story can be construed to say I "like" Glock I have failed.
I'm liking you more and more all the time. :wink:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I'll leave the redhead thing be...
I think that's a good idea :thumbsup:

I have always been very specific in the use of terms and "tactical tupperware" was coined before there were any other plastic pistols on the market... :roll:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Charlie Petty said:
I'll leave the redhead thing be...
I think that's a good idea :thumbsup:

I have always been very specific in the use of terms and "tactical tupperware" was coined before there were any other plastic pistols on the market... :roll:
Fair enough, Charles.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
guntotin_fool said:
WaltGraham said:
I consider "tactical tupperware" any gun that has a "plastic" component.

I'll leave the redhead thing be... :)
does this mean my war time colt with the bakelite grips is now tactical tuperware?

as to the redhead thing.... http://gingerlove.ca/wp-content/uploads ... dricks.jpg
I probably should have been more specific as to "components".

And Christina Hendricks... she really requires no further explanation... :)

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I've now read the article in question and while I thought it was quite well written, informative, and even entertaining, I'm still trying to figure out where in the seven pages was anything to do with handloading. :ehsmile: :ehsmile: :ehsmile:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Snake45 said:
I've now read the article in question and while I thought it was quite well written, informative, and even entertaining, I'm still trying to figure out where in the seven pages was anything to do with handloading. :ehsmile: :ehsmile: :ehsmile:
Perhaps the magazine is being taken in the direction of Shooting Times or G&A (Famous for articles like "9mm Crunchenticker Roundup") in which case this question is better directed towards the editors of Handloader, rather than our intrepid scribe . . . :ek:

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I don't know much about the business but I would think that a mag comprised of strictly reloading info would appeal to a limited demographic.

Adding some content that would appeal to a broader spectrum of readers is probably a good idea.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I had no idea that the term dated back to the days of HK's VP70 and P9 pistols.
A good point and perhaps I should have said "successful"

I knew some narrow mind would mention the lack of handloading... next one will be loading for plastic pistols... it will be very short

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Maybe I am expecting too much of a magazine called Handloader. After all, other gun magazines now routinely run reviews of knives, boots, pickup trucks, and flashlights, and full-page ads for boner pills. :ehsmile:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Once upon a timel, Handloader was the Bible of handloading and did very well, I have had a subscription since issue one. two Years ago, I let that subscription lapse because it was no longer the magazine it once was.

The market is there to support Handloader as it was. today, its watered down, and the scholarly stuff is often missing.

NONE of this is a shot at Charlie as his articles raise the standard a lot. I am just tired of magazines Dumbing down the content to appeal to a wider market, leaving the core subscribers empty and in the end, appealing to less and less of us.

·
Registered
921 Posts
WaltGraham said:
I don't know much about the business but I would think that a mag comprised of strictly reloading info would appeal to a limited demographic.
Yeah, a magazine with the title Handloader might only appeal to, well, those who handload.

Charlie's done a lot of good writing, but even Babe Ruth didn't hit a home run EVERY time he came up to bat.

Charlie Petty said:
. . . I knew some narrow mind would mention the lack of handloading... next one will be loading for plastic pistols... it will be very short
What I'd like to see in a "handloading for plastic pistols" article is how ammo choice affects malfunctions due to "limp wrist syndrome." For example, when I have my petite, 81 year old mother shoot my first generation Glock 17, it's rather less reliable than when I shoot it, unless I have her grasp it firmly with both hands. Using +P ammo helps.

On the other hand, my Gen 3 Glock 26 seems immune to limp wrist malfunctions - even using a loose thumb and forefinger hold with a deliberately unlocked wrist, it just doen't jam at all.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
HankB said:
Charlie's done a lot of good writing, but even Babe Ruth didn't hit a home run EVERY time he came up to bat.
The article itself wasn't a turd. It was entertaining to read, and I learned several things I didn't know. I actually enjoyed it quite a bit more than I'd planned to. My (admittedly somewhat snotty) comment was completely about its venue. It would have (IMHO, of course) been far more at home in G&A or Gun World or American Rifleman than in a magazine that, by its very title, seems to want to be about the subject handloading. :ehsmile:

·
Registered
921 Posts
Snake45 said:
HankB said:
The article itself wasn't a turd. It was entertaining to read, and I learned several things I didn't know.
Which is why I used a baseball reference, rather than something scatological. Charlie's .22 rimfire ammo accuracy test a while back (Wasn't it in Rifle?) was a homer. This one . . . sorry Charlie, but I score it as a base hit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts