Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Random observations:

Cops kept yelling "Get on your back" when they meant "Get on your stomach".

Cops appeared reluctant to use a choke hold when it clearly would have been appropriate.

Perp has had some handgun training.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Ain't it amazing what real stress will do.

The cops were obviously unable to control that suspect but one must wonder why they didn't use the taser.

The first thing that comes to mind is what was the PDs policy on deadly force. Some agencies treat the taser as deadly force and that might have influenced the officer's response.

I'm pretty sure argument could be made for going to deadly force when the subject was attempting to flee

.I've been grilled by civilians over incidents at my PD. My response isn't always well received when I said, "I don't know. I wasn't there."

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Charlie,

They did light him up at about 30 seconds in. You can hear the second officer tell the Taser user to keep the Taser on. The perp is screaming with pain but is still able to resist.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Maybe the best takeaway from this event is that dash cams and body cams are, on balance, great for decent cops.

Without the cam the Left would have screamed that this was an innocent black man defending himself from random brutality by thuggish cops, and that his shooting at them was justified. The cam clearly shows who the thug was, and who the victims were.

·
Registered
10,807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, but the MDM doesn't really care about the facts.

·
Banned
538 Posts
What about I asked my folks to come back Home at the end of the tour?
I meant it!
Perhaps I wasn't an actual walk the beat Irish Patrolman in Chicago.
(Yup, I might have worn flippers and got attached to a Marine Unit)
But I still recall being told that it was important to sign out safely at the end of the tour by the sergeant. I believe that he meant it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts