Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is one of those things where there surely has to be a flip side and provide an opportunity to throw rocks- politely- at guns you hate.

Thanks Kevin... :thumbsup:

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
The Glock was a Giant Step Backward IMHO.

·
Registered
83 Posts
They can't make Taurus Judges fast enough. And I still don't know what that gun is for....

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
What took you so long... :?:
Sorry...I was off dope-slapping some liberal mo-tards on another forum....Forgive me? :oops:

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
The French Chauchat machine gun... :shocked:

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They can't make Taurus Judges fast enough. And I still don't know what that gun is for....
You noticed that too...

I agree about the Chauchat but that's pretty ancient history.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
5.56 and 7.62x39 gas-operated "pistols" come to mind.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Just about anything that Tom or Julie hands me down in S.C. while saying:

"You really need to shoot this..."

And since you mentioned it:

This

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Any RG revolver. Although I'm not sure they fit in the category of having made it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
The Davis/Jennings/Raven/Jimenez/Bryco, or what ever they are calling themselves these days, line of quality arms.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
Aw shucks Walt I thought you were going to mention the 460 or 500
Yep, that would be essentially what I'm talking about. Those plus anything else capable of opening a rift in the space time continuum ... :D

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
But don't blame Tom and Julie, I had them first
Indeed, I think your .500 was the first hand cannon I ever fired, although you didn't load the rounds as to ignite the surrounding terrain.

That would apparently be a source of never ending amusement to Tom...

·
Registered
921 Posts
The FN Five-Seven. With ballistics not much different than the .22 Mag and rather expensive ammo (and the "good" stuff isn't even officially available to civilians) I really don't understand why these guns are selling - and usually for somewhere in the neighborhood of a grand at that. Despite the carnage caused by the Ft. Hood shooter, I don't think itty bitty bullets at modest velocity make a good defensive choice; downing an attacker is different than opening fire on an unarmed and unsuspecting crowd.

Compact Magnum Rifles.The .300 Winchester Short Magnum, the .300 Remington Short Action Ultra Mag, and now the .300 Ruger Compact Magnum puzzle me - the cartridges are just different enough so they don't interchange, and don't offer any ballistic advantage over the .300 Win Mag. OK, so there's no belt, they're just a little shorter, and there's some evidence that short, fat cases have more accuracy potential. But in a HUNTING rifle like a M700, M77, M70 . . . nah. Sure, from a pure ballistic standpoint each will stand on its own . . . but if there's some compelling reason to choose one of these proprietary rounds over the ballistic equivalent .300 WinMag that's available everywhere, I don't see it. I think they're invented by marketers desperate to boost sales, and aimed at the guy who HAS to have "the next new thing" whether it makes sense or not.

Hey, maybe the guy in that recent Handloader article (or was it in Rifle?) was on to something, when he was touting the value of the .300 Whelen . . . you know, a .35 Whelen necked down to .30 . . . there might be an opportunity for some creative marketing here! :lol:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts