Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magneto, our Lab/Shep mix had raised our grandchildren, protected us, stopped a burglery of the home across the street finally was in such pain we couldn't in good conscience keep him alive.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
been there, done that- they're a real part of the family- i have YET to get anymore than 10 years out of a dog- and i last about 3 days to 2 weeks before i HAVE to get a new companion- my first was a gsd ex drug dog, she lasted to 10,( disc disease) the next was a wash-out guard ( stroke) and i'm on my third- he's 5, but his life is a breeze compared to the other 2 working dogs- i've retired

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi we thought he was a gonner last year, we got a Full Shep who had been brutalized. Princess Buttercup was able t live with Magneto for a year, what is sad is that she is going room to room looking for him.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
A really sad thing, but as someone else said all dogs go to heaven. I had a 16 year old cat that liked to cuddle with me and lick my head, which I took to be a sign of affection. I got up one morning about two weeks ago to find that Bruce Lee was a goner. I'm not sure where cats go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, very sad occasion indeed, and I certainly feel for you! I've had a number of cats and dogs throughout the years, and whenever they pass on, I get really upset about it. This is one aspect to life that you never do get "used" to.

All the very best!

Lian

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
threefeathers,

IF the traditional beliefs of our people are correct, when you reach The Happy Hunting Grounds, your beloved dog will be impatiently waiting for you & wondering why you are "so late to the party".

My sincere condolences.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I'm positive that all dogs (and cats, too) go to heaven...a place with bones to chew and endless rabbits to chase.

I really feel sad for someone who has never had a dog, never been welcomed every day when they come home with so much unconditional love and a genuine excitement at seeing you.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
As this is a three year old post, I hope we are not dredging up sad thoughts for threefeathers, (though he hasn't participated in over a year). Spwenger, very handsome fella'.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.