Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Magneto, our Lab/Shep mix had raised our grandchildren, protected us, stopped a burglery of the home across the street finally was in such pain we couldn't in good conscience keep him alive.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Rest in peace Magneto. Thankfully, all dogs go to Heaven.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Been where you are. My deepest condolences.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
been there, done that- they're a real part of the family- i have YET to get anymore than 10 years out of a dog- and i last about 3 days to 2 weeks before i HAVE to get a new companion- my first was a gsd ex drug dog, she lasted to 10,( disc disease) the next was a wash-out guard ( stroke) and i'm on my third- he's 5, but his life is a breeze compared to the other 2 working dogs- i've retired

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi we thought he was a gonner last year, we got a Full Shep who had been brutalized. Princess Buttercup was able t live with Magneto for a year, what is sad is that she is going room to room looking for him.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
A really sad thing, but as someone else said all dogs go to heaven. I had a 16 year old cat that liked to cuddle with me and lick my head, which I took to be a sign of affection. I got up one morning about two weeks ago to find that Bruce Lee was a goner. I'm not sure where cats go.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes, very sad occasion indeed, and I certainly feel for you! I've had a number of cats and dogs throughout the years, and whenever they pass on, I get really upset about it. This is one aspect to life that you never do get "used" to.

All the very best!

Lian

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
All the best. Today is my loveable black lab's eight birthday. Shadow will be getting a steak later.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
threefeathers,

IF the traditional beliefs of our people are correct, when you reach The Happy Hunting Grounds, your beloved dog will be impatiently waiting for you & wondering why you are "so late to the party".

My sincere condolences.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
So sorry for your loss. I'm positive that all dogs (and cats, too) go to heaven...a place with bones to chew and endless rabbits to chase.

I really feel sad for someone who has never had a dog, never been welcomed every day when they come home with so much unconditional love and a genuine excitement at seeing you.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
"Speak kindly to me, beloved master. Revel in my unconditional love, and give me every minute that you can spare, for my time with you is short."

Man, I'm so sorry.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
As this is a three year old post, I hope we are not dredging up sad thoughts for threefeathers, (though he hasn't participated in over a year). Spwenger, very handsome fella'.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a good pet is always hard.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts