Gunhub.com banner

Which of the following Handguards do you prefer with a wood (or brown synthetic) stock?

• Handguard lighter color than the stock.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Handguard darker color than the stock.

• Makes no difference to me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious how all you guys feel about handguard/stock computability. For wood (and brown synthetic stocks) do you prefer to have a darker or lighter color handguard than that of the stock so that it sticks out, or do you prefer to have them blend in and mess together? Which do you think is the most aesthetically appealing and why.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I chose darker guard than stock. That's just the way all of mine came to me. I have switched things around and it's still the best looking rifle ever no matter how you dress it up!! :D

G

·
0 Posts
Well, if I paint a stock the HD and pattern matchs. But I really thinks me want's a walnut HG.....Just cause ya know.

Karsten

·
Registered
853 Posts
I voted for them being the same, but that's mainly with a synthetic stock. For some reason, the brown of the fiberglass handguard just matches any wood stock, to me anyway. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, some wood stocks can be very light in color while some handguards can be colored very darkly.... and vice versa, of course. I guess it seems to depend upon if the person wants the handguard to look like it is an extension of the stock, or the reciever!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i prefer wooden handguards.so naturally i want the stock and the handguard to match.asthetically this looks beautiful to my eyes.the boyds walnut or laminated birch stocks with matching handguard are a work of military art,and for the purist out there i believe the first m14s came with wood handguards.also the fiberglass/plastic handguards look cheap and cheesy.just my not to humble opinion. :wink:

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
If I'm dealing with laminates , I like them the same . Wood, I like the handguard darker .

Jack

1 - 11 of 11 Posts