Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
To All,

Fwiw, I baked 2 dozen muffins for the children/grandchildren of my friends/near neighbors & not even ONE "trick or treater" showed up. = BAH, HUMBUG.

yours, sw

·
Administrator
7,759 Posts
To All,

Fwiw, I baked 2 dozen muffins for the children/grandchildren of my friends/near neighbors & not even ONE "trick or treater" showed up. = BAH, HUMBUG.

yours, sw
One year my mom didn't have any candy, so she set up a fryer in our living room and made fresh doughnuts for trick or treaters. Many came back for seconds. These days people get all weird about "home-made" or anything not in a sealed wrapper.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
SpecialEd,

Inasmuch as the same kids & their parents/grandparents frequently eat my homemade stuff, I don't believe that that was the problem.
AND
The same "crowd" ate what my daughter & I made last year, it wasn't the problem.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
SpecialEd,

Well, the "mystery" is solved. = ALL of the kids attended the Halloween Carnival at the local RC church & it ended too late for little kids to be UP on a school night.
(NO muffins left as of 1800!!!!)

yours, sw

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Two dozen trick-or-treaters seems like such a quaint number. We live in a neighborhood with lots of young families, and the houses are a good distance apart so almost everyone has a golf cart. The hordes come through on their carts like a Halloween mechanized division, with Mom or Dad manning the turret while the little costumed infantry goes from door to door looting. I buy ten dozen candy bars and frequently run out.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
CaptainGyro,

There are 2 basic groups of folks in our neighborhood: grandparents & young GI couples, who mostly have either NO children or pre-schoolers.
(Government Hill Historic District is literally "just across the street" from Ft Sam Houston.)

While I haven't done a survey of the average age of the residents of GHHD, I'd guess that the average is 55YO+ & the average is lowered considerably by the number of couples who are 25YO or less..
(Most 55YOs don't have kids young enough to trick or treat, though grandkids/great-grandkids are common. - The young couples don't have kids old enough to trick or treat, either.)
Note: One of my friends had 26 grandchildren & 3 great-grandkids at the church Halloween Party & that is just the ones who were in SA & visiting "PaPa".

yours, sw

1 - 13 of 13 Posts