Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've caught most of it, but I'm curious as to what people are thinking about it. I was reading through some of the History Channel boards about it and the quality of the post there were pretty bad, and i was hoping to see a discussion here that could be better.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Re: Has anyone been watching "Ancient Aliens" on the H-Chann

I watch it for entertainment value. I wish it was a ... a little more objective. I have seen nothing on the show that convinces me that we have been visited by space aliens, either now or in the past.
What gets me is all the claims that the Egyptian Pyramids were made by aliens, or the Egyptians had help from Ceti Prime or some place. Then on another History channel show the head of Egyptian Antiquities, Dr. Hawas, lead a camera team inside a pyramid and pointed out the names of the people who had really built it -- who were of course very human.

It would be nice if space aliens were real .... always had sorta a crush on this space alien: :wink:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts

I've seen a couple. Watched the one the other night about maybe angels were space people. Nice Christmas fare.

I've just started watching Decoded, have seen three or four episodes of that. I like that show except for the fact that the guy who looks like Moby doesn't seem to be able to speak without doing that "pat the doggie" gesture with his right hand. The one investigator reminds me of a 7/8 scale model of Dr. Cox on Scrubs, which I find kind of amusing.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts

I get annoyed when the History channel runs so much stuff that is really stretching it to call "History." Ancient Aliens, Bible Codes, Big Foot, etc. I read all the Eric Von Daniken stuff when I was in middle school or so and thought it was cool then but now... meh,

·
Super Moderator
13,172 Posts

Just happened to catch the first part of another episode tonight (on tape). I notice in the show intro, they say, "What if it were true?" Not, "What if it IS true?" A subtle difference, but an important one to a professional word guy such as myself. The latter implies at least some degree of possibility. The former as much as admits that "What follows is complete fantasy, which might or might not be based in any degree on reality of any kind."

·
Registered
2,499 Posts

They are building wonderful towers of fantasy, on a foundation of wild speculation.

But, at least the series hasn't used mismatched WWII footage with no respect for the dates and locations...yet.

Geoff
Who likes his history at least mildly historical not hysterical.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts