Give us a clue....:-?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you should be:

impressed by my awesome intro thread.

scared by my Real Ultimate Power.

happy to see me. (or is that a gun in your pocket?)

relieved that i'm finally here.

overjoyed that you have another guy ready to chat about 1911s around.

despondent that you'll never be as charming, witty, clever, and sexy as i am.

;)

thanks for having me. :D

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I'll alert the media....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Release the doves...
LOL. thanks, everyone. i've been lurking for a few weeks. i figured it was time to join and contribute. so far i like what i'm seeing.

so, about me:

i'm a former New Yorker, NYC to be precise, who moved to NEPA about 15 years ago. i grew up in the Bronx, so my view of guns were very different than they are now. when i moved to PA, and saw shotguns and rifles being sold in Walmart, i freaked a little. i've carried a knife since i was 9 years old, and have had to use one defensively a few times.

my views changed, of course. one factor was being jumped by some good ole boys in the parking lot of a country supermarket. everyone involved received stitches to varying degrees. after settling some legal issues that stemmed from the incident, i was advised by the state trooper who responded to the incident, and stayed involved throughout the entire process, to buy a gun, get a license to carry it, and learn how to use it. i bought a gun, and got a license, but still was hesitant to carry it. i didn't make it a regular thing until my first child was born; i figured that being a dad was serious business, and part of my job was protecting my little one. so, from that day forward, i carried a gun, everywhere i could legally.

my choices of firearms has changed somewhat over the years. my first was a S&W Sigma, or SW9VE. i've also owned and carried Keltec pocket pistols, a Glock, and a few others, but a few years ago, i was bitten by the 1911 bug. now i won't carry anything else, unless it's a revolver of the .357 flavor. preferably, a S&W or a Ruger SP101. for the past few years, my daily carry has been a Taurus PT1911.

i still carry a knife or two at all times. nowadays, i only carry them for utility use, not for self defense. i must admit, a balisong is a fun utility tool. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
:i still carry a knife or two at all times. nowadays, i only carry them for utility use, not for self defense. i must admit, a balisong is a fun utility tool. :mrgreen:
My wife won't let me...almost lost a couple of fingertips playing with one. :confused::rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts