Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Happy to be a member of my first forum.
My job kept me so busy over the years that I missed out of most competitive firearms sports, although I did shoot Cowboy Action for awhile and loved it.
Since retiring last Dec. 15th 2013 I've had time to do my first trigger job on a 30 year old Ruger Mini-30; I took it from 6 1/2 lbs to 3 lbs. I usually like 2 1/2 lbs but was scared to go any farther with it.
I've been researching and reading and planning my first build; a Ruger 10/22. I have 2 in my safe, both over 25yrs old, both with metal trigger housings. One has been used extensively and the other has never been fired.
I recently put an ATI on a Ruger Mini 30. It was a fairly simple task with one exception they, failed to tell you that you would be doing away with the metal stock reinforcement (this is the metal piece that the magazine fits in between).
They said it would only takes light filing to make the stock work with a Mini 30. Luckily I have a Fordham and Dremmel Rotary tool. I spent hours with a metal grinding tool removing enough material in order to use the stock reinforcement. The tricky part was trying to get my calipers to fit in and get measurements for the whole to be drilled on either side for the counter-set screw; only one chance at this or you are you messed it up.
Luckily I made everything work just right and happy with the ATI stock but intend to write them and let them know I think it is poor business practice to keep this bit of information from your customers.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Welcome, Ryano. Glad you finally have some time on your hands! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts