Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I have just joined this website and would love to talk with others who enjoy horses as much as I do. I own 2 horses at the moment. Both are TWH. I have owned 3 American Saddlebreds and a Morgan in past years. I decided I was too old to post and have purchased non-trotting horses! :lol: I look forward to chatting.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site. I currently don't own a horse (stuck in the city :cry: ) but I rode quite a bit all the way through college. My family had a couple of quarter horses; a chestnut and a bay. It was great fun. My grandfather (RIP) owned and raced Standardbreds; they were pretty mean horses actually, but it was fun going to the track and watching his horses race.

I would love to own horse, but it just isn't practical at this point in my life. Someday, I want an Appalousa and a ranch out west to ride it on.

Anyway, welcome to the site.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello

Thanks for making me feel welcomed. I would have to say that the ulitmate for me would be to win the lottery (who wouldn't want to, right? :lol: ) and build a huge horse barn complete with indoor and outdoor riding rings! I have worked at two training barns and would love to own one myself. I don't train horse by any means, I would just want to be able to walk through my "kingdom of horses" and just enjoy them! I think it would just be awesome to be able to go out everyday and be with them and not have to worry about going to work to earn money to feed and board them. I am a city dweller also. Actually I have my horses in training a couple of hours away for the winter. I am very lucky to have some great friends that are building a horse barn. My boys (the horses) will be coming home very soon. I am looking forward to having them close by. Speaking of the cart racing, I have watched the standardbred roadsters at the State Fair, that is wild! They fly! The crowd goes wild when they lean into the corners and the dirt goes flying out. Plus the outfits are so colorful!

·
Registered
18 Posts
As a teenager I also rode a lot and taught riding in Pennsylvania. It was great fun! One time I was cleaning the barn. When finished it was lunch time so I figured I would grab a bite to eat. I went to lunch and was immediately thrown out of the place. The stink from me must have been terrible. I didn't smell it; guess I was used to it by that time. A lot of good memories from my horse riding days. Today it's impractical and time just isn't there (family and work). One day I also want to own at least one horse but would like to own a bunch; preferably out west. A ranch in the middle of no where, surrounded by great looking mountains... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts