Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
Al Thompson said:
Good to see you here Al. Sorry we missed each other back in April. Did you get a chance to see any of the SC IDPA State Match stages? Mark Blackwelder and Roy Johnson made some really neat reactive targets, and I can't think of the follow's name who fabricated the pneumatic pop-ups and turners.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Dan, how about props for the Match Director? Afterall, where do you think Roy and Mark got the idea from... :lol:

The pneumatic targets were the brain child of Cleston Bridges from Sumter SC.

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
DM-SC said:
Hey Dan, how about props for the Match Director?
Indeed, you did a most excellent job Donald. It was a very well organized match with an excellent mixture of stages. Of course, now they'll expect you to top this for next year. :lol:

I wish that I had been in a better condition to help out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I came, I saw, I am still looking...., I went. But, I'll be back. 8)

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Gee guys... what would you like to talk about?

Currently my projects include a 17 HMR S&W (yawn) and the 500 S&W Magnum (owie).

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
CP==

What are your thoughts on the 500???

I have found mine fun to shoot --- you can definately tell where they have hit on the backer plate, The leave quite a large streak of lead and even flash a tad when they hit it (visually from behind shooter)

I will now only shoot it wearing my P.A.S.T. glove because with my small hands, this sucker rips my middle finger knuckle HARD. I posted on another thread on AB about a person I let shoot it bleeding profusely when the hammer came back during recoil and dug in Deep.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Gloves are a good idea and I find that my trigger finger bounces around in the trigger guard and ends up hitting places it shouldn't. But it's no worse than shooting lightweight .357s or .44s. I generally put a bandaid around my finger. At the factories you'll see the test shooters with a big wrap of adhesive tape in the sensitive spots.

Mine broke a firing pin so I'm waiting for another to arrive so I haven't shot it very much.

My first goal is going to be some handloads that are a bit less enthusiastic than factory ammo.

·
Banned
3,118 Posts
CP

Let me know if'n you want my brass!! I will soon have my first box of 20 gone.

Mike

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
I think that's already been done... I was thinking of calling it the ".50 Sensible" or maybe ".50 Painless".

Mike I can always use brass, but you're gonna have to shoot more. 20 rounds is only a start :D

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
boo...hiss

You know I didn't coin that... some editor hung it on me, but I did say 10MM Light when I developed what became the FBI 10mm.

Actually 50 Light might not be too bad...

"Lite" is too bloody cutesy...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts