Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a slight change of pace, Snake oughtta like it. My 'Plinker'.

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Whatizzat, a Marlin .22? Gotta love a .22.

The two kinds of gun I don't own are lever-action rifles and single-action revolvers. Got nothing against 'em, just always spent my money on something else when it was spending time. Maybe I didn't watch enough cowboy movies and TV westerns when I was a child.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn't do bad from a bench Snake, less than 3/8th" at 25yards with Tenex for five shots. It's a M39AS. Damned thing outshoots my Model 75 Winnie!

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Anything under 1/2" @25 for a field-grade .22LR is pretty good. I have several that have never gotten under 1/2" with anything, others that will only do it with select ammo, others that will do it with pretty much anything.

I'm surprised your Win 75 won't shoot as well, though. I'd have to check my records but I'm pretty sure my M69 will do it.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
The two kinds of gun I don't own are lever-action rifles and single-action revolvers
That is a serious character flaw. Positively un-American. :(

Where would we be without the Winchester 73 and Colt SAA?

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
The two kinds of gun I don't own are lever-action rifles and single-action revolvers

I don't own a horse or a Model T Ford or a Victrola music machine, either, important as they all were to our history and development. :wink:

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Here in FL there is an "assault weapon" law. A lot of folks won't use an AR or AK clone for defense, the lever action on the other tentacle is clean.

In my 'hood I have mostly shotgun ranges, especially for defense, but if I needed more, I would go with a .44 or .357 lever gun.

Geoff
Who notes it is still four hours until the range opens...sigh. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
Charlie Petty said:

we'd STILL have the savage 99 and the schofield

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Charlie Petty said:
[quote:1gzorkxg]I don't own a horse or a Model T Ford or a Victrola music machine, either, important as they all were to our history and development. :wink:
[/quote:1gzorkxg]

Hey, Hey, Hey! LOGIC has no place in this argument! (can you tell I got a boatload of cash invested in period guns?) :ehsmile:

·
Super Moderator
13,170 Posts
IrishCop said:
Hey, Hey, Hey! LOGIC has no place in this argument! (can you tell I got a boatload of cash invested in period guns?) :ehsmile:
I'm heavily into "period guns," too. In my case, the period is roughly WWII through the early '80s. (I own very few guns that weren't available during that time. In fact, the vast majority of my guns, were, I believe, actually manufactured during that period.)

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Well, Snake we do have some things in common. I had an old M-1 with a shot out barrel and an M-1 carbine about 15 yeras ago. I didn't know that the M-1's barrel was bad - I just thought it was really dirty. Found out it wouldn't keep a clip full of .30-06's in a 12 inch circle at 100 yards. I took it home and scrubbed and scrubbed and SCRUBBED that barrel. That's when I figured out what was wrong. The Carbine was a fun gun to shoot, but even back then .30 Carbine ammo was pricey.

Anyway, both got traded off.

So, enter "Band of Brothers". I was hooked like Mike Venturino. Except no way could I afford the full auto stuff.

Soooooo, now onto seeing if I can get at least an M-1 and M-1 carbine. I 'm thinkin DCM for the M-1...and maybe for a Springfield, if they still have them (the Marines used 'em for a good bit of the War :) ). I don't kid myself on being able to get period guns - good repros will do just fine. Time will tell...

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
RetMSgt, that is a sweet looking Marlin. I only have a couple of .22 rifles, and both are semi-autos. I'm gonna have to put one of those on my list, too. :thumbsup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts