Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
friends,

it's happened again!

early this morning, 2 thugs broke into a man's garage (off Perrin-Beital & Loop I-410) here in SATX, waking the homeowner up.

the homeowner dialed 911, was advised that the SAPD was on the way & to remain in his home.
the homeowner then armed himself with a 12guage pump shotgun & remained inside his house.

before the police arrived, the two burglars broke into the man's home, brandishing a semi-automatic pistol, & fired at least two shots at the homeowner.

the homeowner returned fire with his shotgun, killing the gunman & gravely wounding the other burglar. - according to WOAI Radio News at 9AM, the second thug is in "extremely critical condition at a local hospital & is not expected to survive his wounds."

also, just now WOAI reported that, "the homeowner suffered a gunshot wound in the face during the exchange of fire & will recover from his injury." and "no charges are expected to be filed by the SA Police".

as i've said before: When seconds count, the police are minutes away. therefore, prepare to defend yourself,as you just may HAVE TO.

yours, sw

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
to all,

as of 11AM, WOAI Radio News has corrected their earlier report: the criminals had a STOLEN AR-15 rifle & the homeowner was shot though the cheek, suffering a "flesh wound", that is "non-life threatening."

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Good job by the homeowner, SW.

And remember that response time is even slower in unincorporated parts of your county or parrish. We can only run 6 to 7 one man patrols to cover our county. Response time, even running code, can be 15 minutes or more.

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IrishCop,

tell me about it! - on my "UN-fun fright night, entertaining the 4 thugs" at our family farm (17.6 miles from the city limits), a friend at the SO told me that they would be there ASAP. - then he said, "do the best you can. it shouldn't be over 45 minutes at the most, till we get a unit there."
(actually, it was about 35 of the longest minutes in my life.)

may i point out that MANY unpleasant things can/do happen in 35 minutes? - from that night on, ANYBODY, who is at the farm after nightfall, is REQUIRED to be armed.

yours, sw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts