Gun Hub Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has become one of my favorites and by chance I'm on a firearms site with one of the writers, so I am guiding him here.

·
Premium Member
7,055 Posts
Outstanding... one of my favorites too.

Sometimes when something is too good nobody watches so it's great to hear it will have another season.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
I recently watched all 12 episodes over a few days. It was WAY better than I was expecting--almost as good as Game of Thrones or Boardwalk Empire.

I'm sure there will be an Emmy nomination for at least Claire Danes.

·
Administrator
7,758 Posts
Haven't started this one yet but I was intrigued when I got an episode for Snake a month or two back. The missus and I are starting to run out of "new" things to watch and she is a fan of Morena Baccarin so we may be giving it a try soon.

We did however watch the pilot for Boardwalk Empire last night for the first time and we were both duly impressed, we will be watching more.

·
Super Moderator
13,173 Posts
We did however watch the pilot for Boardwalk Empire last night for the first time and we were both duly impressed, we will be watching more.
The pilot for season one, or the first episdode of season two?

Boardwalk Empire is excellent, but a bit hard to follow. HBO's own website has a good synopsis of each episode, which I found it helpful to read after watching. But it's well-written, well-acted, and thoroughly engaging. I suggest watching all 12 episodes as close together as you can--a bit easier to follow that way. And do try to see the first season before you dive into the second.

Oh, BTW, there is some stuff in it that's quite "gritty" and a little hard to watch. But you sure won't complain about "nothing happening" here, especially toward the end of the season! :shock:

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, I watch Boardwalk, The Walking Dead, and Homeland. One of the technical advisors for Homeland is on another gun site and I'm trying to get him over here.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I really like Homeland, and a BIG plus one to Snake for his comment about Clair Danes. She is OWNING that role. I never realized she was that talented.

The only thing that bothered me about the finale was when Damien Lewis, who had been suffering massive guilt at the memory of (supposedly) killing his friend and fellow marine, put one right in his noggin after a very short talk with his former captor/brainwasher - whom he was royally pissed at when he found out his friend hadn't died at all.

A small thing, but it struck me as wrong. :duh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts