Gun Hub Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
DavidE,

Imo, there are FEW places on Planet Earth that don't have OR soon will have a hog problem.

yours, sw

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
Apache AH64 attack helicopter. Chain Gun. It's the only way to be sure.:cool:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Did some hog hunting in CA with my grandfather. Most feral hogs were in the 200-240 lb range. So when he took me to Oklahoma and told me that these razorbacks get a lot bigger than what I'm used to seeing, I was thinking perhaps in the 300-350 lb range. Granddad shot one that weighed 610 lbs, and his brother killed one that weighed in at 660 lbs.

First movement in the bushes someone said "there he is". I thought they were talking about someone driving a jeep in the bushes, because the back of that hog was where a cow's back should be.

·
Registered
806 Posts
stand watie:

How do you think TommyGunn's solution would work Texas' SH30?

Wild hogs still a danger on SH130, woman recalls crash | KXAN.com
Hey, I live in Norther Nevada where we have wild horses. I hit one 3 years ago. Truck took a good bit of work, horse miraculously walked away from it...underwear were a complete write off!

This recently happened just a few miles from where I live.
https://carsonnow.org/story/01/16/2018/lyon-county-patrol-deputy-crashes-horses-highway-50-dayton

·
Banned
3,882 Posts
csmkersh; GunGeek,

YEP. A chain gun or a Vulcan of a Spectre gunship would be FINE.

Those OK/NETX hogs are anything but typical feral pigs or Razorbacks.

Most of the are at least 75-90% pure Russians that were imported by "Dallas sports" & got loose out ofg the high-fence ranches.

"Mean motor-scooters" pretty well describes them. = Up close & personal, a Hotel Triple-Nickle wouldn't be too much gun for a BIG boar.

yours, sw

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Let's see; we have a hog problem and a pilot shortage.

I'm thinking a pusher "Light Sport Aircraft" and a 5-shot 7.62mm AR-10 type Full auto rifle mounted ahead of the pilot with a good reflector sight, five shots will keep the barrel wear withing reason.

Geoff
Who thinks it "will be just like shooting Whoomp Rats back home."

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 13 of 13 Posts